06 May 2013 10:04

Hello,

since I have installed cobalt + glossary none of my sliders work anymore on the site. Is there a asolution or do external slider modules not work at all?

greetz

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
06 May 2013 10:08

Did you look into console?

There are also different methods to highlight glossary word which use different javascripts, Try to change it.

06 May 2013 10:21

You say I shouldnt use cobalt?

I know there are other ways, but I need a simple input method for glossary words without using Admin Menu - so cobalt seemed the best way for me.

I found nothing comparable.

Is there no way to get it running together with other modules?

greetz

Sergey
06 May 2013 10:24

Every problem is solvable. Please look in to firebug console and tell what errors are there. Without knowing what exactly happening I cannot help.

If you do not know how to check console., give me URL with error and login access if required.

06 May 2013 10:46

I'm emulating the site using xampp. The error message said the following:

TypeError: jQuery(...).popover is not a function

jQuery('*[rel="popover"]').popover({ placement: 'bottom', trigger: 'click'});

greetz

Sergey
06 May 2013 11:48

this

jQuery('*[rel="popover">').popover({ placement: 'bottom', trigger: 'click'});

should be

jQuery('*[rel="popover"]').popover({ placement: 'bottom', trigger: 'click'});

] instead of > after popover. Where is this code located? The console should show you the file. Because search through files did not give me a result.

Another possible reason is jQuery is not loaded properly.

06 May 2013 15:54

When I disable Glossary having Cobalt activated, everything works fine, no errors.

Maybe this is useless to you but the error is in line 152. How can I give you better info using Firebug?

thx for your help

greetz

Sergey
07 May 2013 10:19

You can clik on link on the right of the error. And you will be navigated to source code. there you can see what is JS file or what code piece.

07 May 2013 13:38

it help?

<script type="text/javascript"> window.addEvent('domready', function() { $$('.hasTip').each(function(el) { var title = el.get('title'); if (title) { var parts = title.split('::', 2); el.store('tip:title', parts[0]); el.store('tip:text', parts[1]); } }); var JTooltips = new Tips($$('.hasTip'), { maxTitleChars: 50, fixed: false}); }); window.addEvent('domready', function() { SqueezeBox.initialize({}); SqueezeBox.assign($$('a.modal'), { parse: 'rel' }); }); jQuery(document).ready(function() { jQuery('*[rel="popover"]').popover({ placement: 'bottom', trigger: 'click'}); }); jQuery(document).ready(function() { jQuery('*[rel="tooltip"]').tooltip({}); }); jQuery(document).ready(function() { jQuery('*[rel="tooltipright"]').tooltip({ placement: 'right'}); }); jQuery(document).ready(function() { jQuery('*[rel="tooltipbottom"]').tooltip({ placement: 'bottom'}); }); window.addEvent('load', function() { new JCaption('img.caption'); });

Sergey
08 May 2013 01:38

It looks perfect to me. Are you sure bootstrap is loaded?

08 May 2013 04:44

yes, it is listed in the code

<script src="/touse/media/jui/js/bootstrap.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

greetz

Sergey
08 May 2013 05:38

I give up :) If you will have it online I could have a lok. But Cannot help you on local installation.

08 May 2013 06:25

okay, I'll do a quick test page and then sign up

thank you

08 May 2013 08:34

that's crazy ... it was all the time on Xampp :(( ... the site is online and no errors ... I'm so sorry! :S

Even though I am ashamed I have another question (hopefully the last ._.)

The glossary is now working but I have to click on the word so that the popup opens and closes - can I set that I have to go with the mouse over it?

greetz

Sergey
08 May 2013 08:42

енуы but you wil have to modify glossary plugin. In lines 85 and 89 add to tag data-trigger="hover" attribute.

And if it is last bootstrap it should work.