06 May 2013 05:06

Hi,

I tried this on a fresh Joomla 3.1 installation with default prostart template on fluid width. When I put the cobalt filter module, then I check inside the advanced search and I could not see the slider, multi search, geo field and datetime work properly. Please look at this following url which is reproducible:

http://www.oriyaboard.com/estate/index.php/seller-section-pack996af5

Thanks

Brian

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
06 May 2013 07:13

This is because Javascript is the same on both filters. You either need filter module or advanced search on the same page.

06 May 2013 07:40

So is there any way we can use both?

Sergey
06 May 2013 10:06

Yes there is. I have to test it like this and debug all the Javascripts to enable load the same scripts more than one time on the page.

But unfortunately right now it is not a priority and it means it will not be fixed till next Thursday or even any time soon. Because there are so many JS scripts used with filters and change them all will not only take a lot of time but also make Cobalt 8 less stable.

You see we still have some JS from Cobalt 7 based on Mootools. And that would be very difficult to hack those libraries to what we need. And even if we make it, we will change all Mootools to jQuery in Cobalt 9 and it means we will not use anything we will do to accomplish your task.

07 May 2013 05:23

Sergey,

The module is working fine alongside the advanced search. But the problem is with only the UI display of following fields:

datetime

geo

slider

If you input value in the slider textbox, and when you search, it displays the results. The problem is only with the slider bar not displaying. I think this can probably be done using jquery conflict. JS is conflicting because it is loaded multiple times.

Sergey
07 May 2013 10:21

JS is conflicting because it is loaded multiple times.

No. It is conflicting because input fields and other elements has the same ID. And when JS is applied to those IDs it cannot. because only one element with the same ID have to be on the page.