• Home
  • Support
  • Forum
  • Cobalt 8
  • Some issues with my new Cobalt Setup. Can some person (probably Sergey) help me to resolve these issues?.

04 May 2013 03:37

Hi,

I have few issues currently I am facing with Cobalt:

1)First thing is with the Cobalt module filter. I have placed this module on the article records list page and article full record view page. The problem is with the displaying of the fields on the article list page. I am using Rocket theme Cerulean. I could not able to see some fields not showing up in th emodule. For example, the date field , when i click on the datefield, I dont see any date box to choose from, the multiple select does not work. The slider field does not work. Interestingly they are showing fine on the article full view page. I dont know what is happening here.

http://www.oriyaboard.com/dreamhomet/forsale/category-items/15-seller-section/7-listing-by-agents.html

2) The datefield is not working properly in my site. I can't able to choose any date. The heading of the months/year on date is showing like %d %m type. I have no idea why the name is not showing up correctly. something to do with the language files with date. My locale is en_GB.

link; http://www.oriyaboard.com/dreamhomet/forsale/items/15-seller-section.html

3) Another issue is with the advanced search on the section/category home page. Since I have lots of fields to be filtered, when I click the adv search, it expands and all fields are on verticle. Is it possible to put these fields in two or three columns so that the look will be looking good.

4) Is it possible to have ajax enabled on the search box next to adv search ?

5) Email field when using popup sending is not working. I have no idea why and what happened to this. I think some conflicting with jquery, but I dont know how to fix this.

6) Gallery field. Is it possible to show one big image on the article full view page and when you click that gallerybox should open. or is it possible to show one big image and thumbs for all images shown on horizontal and when you click the thumb the big image will appear, all on same page, means like gallerybox inbuilt in article full view but not with lightbox, kind of embedded gallerybox inside the article view.

7) The last is with the slider shown on my homepage. The slider is shown, but when you move the slider for price field, the value does not appear in the text box attached to slider.

I hope someone kind hearted will answer or address some of my questions. Please help me.

Looking forward to getting reply at the earliest.

Kind Regards

Brian

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
05 May 2013 08:31

Hi Brian,

try selecting a default Joomla template and see of the same errors occur. RocketTheme templates and Cobalt don't always play well together.

Oh, and be sure you don't have a cookie blocker activated like Ghostery or Do Not Track Me, because Cobalt won't function properly if the Mint cookie is blocked....

Best Regards,

Jeff

05 May 2013 11:08

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply. I have still same issues with the default joomla template.

Kind Regards

Brian

05 May 2013 12:03

Hi Mintjoomla guys,

I just bought this cobalt. I am bit struggling to get the above items fixed , but is stuck and dont see any paths moving forward. Can you guys please help me figuring out this issue? I am desperately looking for help on getting this resolved. If I give you my admin passwd and ftp access, can you able to look at this and help me?

Thanks

clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
05 May 2013 12:59

3) Another issue is with the advanced search on the section/category home page. Since I have lots of fields to be filtered, when I click the adv search, it expands and all fields are on verticle. Is it possible to put these fields in two or three columns so that the look will be looking good.

i have the same problem, i have many fields and i have this problem too, you need to custom module filter template :(

Jeff VIP
05 May 2013 21:59

Hi Brian,

1) I can confirm that, same here

2) Be sure to have the latest Datetime field installed (Datetime 8.29)

3) I second Clowride

6) Check http://support.mintjoomla.com/nl/cobalt-8/vragen/Issues +and+Suggestion+For+Cobalt+in+Current+CCK+Market+-+An+analysis-3825.html

you have a lot of js on your page. Switching to a standard Joomla template won't help because Gantry, the modules and plugins that might conflict are still being executed. You need to disable them all first to be sure.

IMHO it's better practice to start developing with a bare Joomla installation and Cobalt only. Once all the basic functionality you need is working properly, you can start adding Bells and Whistles like templates, modules, plugins etc.

Best Regards,

Jeff

06 May 2013 02:31

I have the latest installed.

you have a lot of js on your page. Switching to a standard Joomla template won't help because Gantry, the modules and plugins that might conflict are still being executed. You need to disable them all first to be sure.

I will now try to test it on a fresh joomla plain installation and will let you know afterwards. one question when going for a fresh joomla installation is the use of packer cobalt options. Do I need to install cobalt and packer both?

Jeff VIP
06 May 2013 03:00

I will now try to test it on a fresh joomla plain installation and will let you know afterwards.

Good!

I will now try to test it on a fresh joomla plain installation and will let you know afterwards.

Do I need to install cobalt and packer both?

Try pkg_cobalt.ALL.v.8.93.zip + pkg_cobalt.media.v.8.48.zip

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
06 May 2013 10:20

1) as discussed not working with advanced search and filter module on the same page. It generates the same Javascript and conflict.

2) I teste filter date range and it works ok. Where is it not working? On the submission form?

3) There is only one way is to create your own markup template. there you can not only put filters in 2 columns but even expectedly position filters. For example some filters 3 columns first row then 2 columns and big map at the end. I have already posted you link to article how to edit templates somewhere.

4) What do you mean. Ajax suggestions or change list of articles right on text search?

5) Please create separate issue. Please if you have problem like this it is always better to create separate issue per every problem. Easier for us and for you. Otherwise topics like turn in complete mess at the end :)

6) As i've mentioned somewhere else we plan to add another template for Gallery field. I'll try not to delay it.

7) probably the same issue of module and advanced search on the same page.