18 Feb 2013 13:49

Does cobalt give me functionality to create private user pages that would have a self managed instance of cobalt on user's own page? For example I am building an artwork driven website. I would want my users to login and the only page they would have access to would be their private page. Here they could upload photos and then type in descriptions for each piece of their artwork along with some other custom fields. They could select from predefined categories or add there own. They would be able to save edit and delete artwork from this control panel as well.

Another needed feature would be for them to send out an Alert to approved partners who would be interested in purchasing their artwork. This would happen by then putting a checkmark next to items in the artwork table that they built then clicking send to partners. This link would take the partner to a page that would show them all of the artist's pieces for sale. The artist could then remove them once sold from their control panel.

The approved partners would also need search functionality to key in a number that would be like an identification number to pull up a piece of artwork by logging into the partner portal on the website.

Is this possible with cobalt 8?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
19 Feb 2013 00:39

Please correct me if I am wrong.

You want artist to add artwork but no one see it? Only partners and only those artworks that artists allowed.

For example there artist 1, 2 and 3 andthere are Partner 1 and 2, and every artist have 3 artworks.

Default state

1. Artist 1 and 2 cannot see art work of artist 3 and so on... I mean artists se only their own artworks.

2. Partners does not see and artwork.

Scenario

Artist 1 set partner 2 to see his artwork 2 and 3. And this is only visible artworks for partner and other partner 1 cannot see any artwork yet.

is this what you want regarding rights access?

19 Feb 2013 10:39

Yes. The basis here is the artist will have their own private area when they sign up then login. This will be a self managed area with predefined categories. Here they should be able to have up to five pictures of there artwork and then some fields they can add data to and a category selection.

Only the artist can see their own artwork by default state.

The next area would be for partners in a predefined mile wide radius to get an alert once the artist basically checks the different items they want to approve for showing and hits a button that says show artwork. This would give the partners the ability to login then see the artwork.

There should be some sort of toggle for the artist as well where they could unselect one or many pieces of artwork to make them not viewable once they sell them or just simply need to take them down.

Sergey
20 Feb 2013 05:54

That is all possible. All you said (at least as i understood this).

There is only one exception. If artist make artwork accessible to partner, it became accessible by all partners. There IS NO possibility to make Cobalt article accessible only for particular individual.

20 Feb 2013 06:27

That would be ok too :) would it be possible that an email goes out to the partners when the artist makes the artwork available?

Sergey
20 Feb 2013 06:45

Right now I am thinking on status field. There is parameter custom SQL query on status change. We may configure so that when artist set status available, artwork accesslevel change to the one partners can read. Another thing we of course can send notification to all partners, also in that custom SQL. And then automatic mail alert will send list of notifications on the site.

So it is possible.

Sergey
20 Feb 2013 06:46

Even if now, I'll extend status field and I'll make it possible. :)

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
06 May 2013 05:27

How did it turn out?