11 Feb 2013 08:09

I am still missing a bulk download / lightbox feature like the one I requested in Cobalt 7. ( http://support.mintjoomla.com/en/cobalt-7/all/ %5BFeature+Request%5D+Lightbox+for+%22Gallery%22-field-2142.html)

I would definately appreciate this feature because for now in our workflow we have to download picture by picture. This can take quite a lot of time.

I'd like to have a ZIP generated named after the title of the record in which the gallery field is embedded. Also the pictures need to have their original names.

Any chances to get something like that soon?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
12 Feb 2013 07:18

1) Lightbox already exists it is called quickbox. You have a choice on GalleryBox and QuickBox

2) You can form URL to download all files on any field with upload like this. Copy any file URL and delete from there id variable.

For example file download url

index.php?option=com_cobalt&task=files.download&fid=45&rid=152

Where fid is a field ID and rid is a record ID.

This url will download all attached files in single zip archive.

You can use this method in templates and add Download all button.

12 Feb 2013 19:04

1) I didn't mean that with "Lightbox". Lightbox in my understanding is called a box where previously selected pictures are listed and can be downloaded alltogether. But nevermind. It's not that important :)

2) Could you add an option like "Show Download All" button above, below or may be next to the gallery field? That would ease the process for future users a lot. Would be very great to have.

Thanks - as always - in advance. Cobalt 8 is really great by the way. Works like a charm. I could convince my boss to subscribe for the next 12 months. Keep up the good (and stable! :) ) work.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
12 Feb 2013 23:38

2) Especially for you added in next release.