18 Jan 2013 04:23

Dear,

1. Inter-related field in same content type

Some thing like in submit form, when i input "PC" in first field than COB8 will auto show next field for related field for "PC" is CPU field, HDD size field and other, and when i change first field content to "Camera" than COB8 will auto change to show next field for related field for "Camera" is CCD size field, lens range field and other...this function may be like in backend when create new field to choose which one field type to auto show which field type parameter...

1. In the same content type but some fields only for category A, some fields only for Category B, when user choose which one category COB8 will auto show only this category fields for your need to input...

i think this is call UNIVERSE CONTENT TYPE, this type may be for product's, different product have different product parameter, may be a car,

pc, camera, smart phone, all is product, but they are different product parameter, if only one type included different product paramenter, user can only choose camera COB8 only show and input camera related field or choose smart phone to only show and input smart phone related field, this is very flexable for user...and it can create only one filter can find all product for your need. I think this is very awesome.

It is possible?

thank you

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
18 Jan 2013 06:22

It is possible but different approach. The one you described is the one approach to add atributes to categories, but Cobalt will o it with multitype section.

You create section тв categories in it.

You create types camera, phone, PC, ...

You limit types to be submitted only to special categories.

User first chose what he whats to submit and then add all fields. Or there is ability to manage button Submit Here. In every category it will contain only allowed type.

18 Jan 2013 08:57

dear

in every category it will contain only allowed type is right.

but i think it is not very user friendly for user. and the only one filter can sreach more than one type?

becouse if for product have many type, also just only use one filter to process all products, right?

if not, may be one product type need create one filter...

thank you

18 Jan 2013 09:15

dear,

and i think user and me only want to use one filter to find same type content.

eg: if for event content. also need date field, event can for wedding date, for big sale event or shop opening event..., if this event is create by same type, i think i can enter the date range to one filter to show all many different event... if this event need creatr by different type, may be need find diffrlerent event for different filter...

it is not user friendly...

thank you

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
19 Jan 2013 23:45

What for events, you may use core cobalt record table columns create and expire date wi is the same for every type. Or you can use date time field affect code date fields.

But in general cobalt automatically recognize fields. For example you have to types

Phone - price - color - OS

PC - price - color - HDD

Then, when we are in the list with both types in it only price and color field will be searchable. Because they are the same although different type. But when in category where only PC, then HDD filter will be added and OS for Phone in the list with only PHones.

I think it does what you need.