17 Jan 2013 08:14

Hi! I want to make a website on J3 and C8 in 2 languages (RU+EN).

Standard way to do it or is there a nuance for C8?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
18 Jan 2013 06:18

It totally supports Joomla core method to make multilingual websites. Later we will add integration for Falang, Josseta or Joomfish. We cannot decide what to make first.

Xtream VIP
Total posts: 129
18 Jan 2013 06:35

Falang, Josseta or Joomfish are still not available for Joomla 3.0 :S

Sergey
18 Jan 2013 06:44

I heard that Falang will be R3EDY soon ;) Probably that ius what we start with :)

ron.du VIP
Total posts: 113
19 Jan 2013 00:58

I think falang and joomfish will be best. core joomla multilingual support is not enough to create dynamic website where multilingual content , section , categories , types are linked for each language

Hope this multilingual features will be implemented soon :)

Great job already done by cobalt team

stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
19 Jan 2013 13:27

Correct me if i'm wrong.

The actual possibility of translation is only when user registers threw the site and set his language on edit profile link.

For non-registered users the translation would only be possible using Falang, josetta or joomfish (when they are available to J3.0)

thanks

Sergey
20 Jan 2013 03:14

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Current translation method has nothing to do either user is registered or not. You create new section for every language and menu link to section depending on frontend language no matter if your is logged in or not.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

I think falang and joomfish will be best

Today I have got Falang test Joomla 3.0 version. So it is already in testing mode. I hope we will create integration by the time they release it :)

stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
20 Jan 2013 08:26

Current translation method has nothing to do either user is registered or not. You create new section for every language and menu link to section depending on frontend language no matter if your is logged in or not.

But creating a different section for every language then i cannot use the filters because they are multi-type and not multi-section.

Sergey
20 Jan 2013 23:53

But creating a different section for every language then i cannot use the filters because they are multi-type and not multi-section.

That really depends. If you need in the result only one language then you do not care that this is the same section or different as you get only one language articles. In other saces it may not work well. But this method definitely good for some cases.