10 Jan 2013 14:59

In Coblat 7 you could set the width of the field check-box in Co8 it looks like it is set by number of columns, however no matter how many I set I still only get one column.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
10 Jan 2013 15:25

What Joomla template are you using?

As a first try to fix it, set the "Template Compatibility" switch in CONFIG to "YES"

10 Jan 2013 15:36

@ Sackgesicht You are on FIRE! Set "Template Compatibility" switch in CONFIG to "YES" Works perfect. Thank you again!

I didn't need to do that in Co7 is that feature new in Co8?

Sackgesicht VIP
10 Jan 2013 15:49

This is a new feature in Cobalt 8 (not available in Cobalt 7) to address some problems with individual Template providers who don't support the new introduced Bootstrap functionality in Joomla 3. It mostly fixes problems with user menu, filter tooltips and other functions. You might also experience problems with pagination with these templates, but MintJoomla is addressing these "incompatibilities" in their latest releases.

All in all Cobalt will now integrate much much better with Joomla templates.

As Sergey mentioned already : "Once you go with Cobalt 8, you dont want to go back to Cobalt 7 and Joomla 2.5 anymore" :D

Sackgesicht VIP
10 Jan 2013 15:54

The missing 5 results from the Bootstrap system, since it provides 12 "columns". --> 12/5 = 2.4

http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/scaffolding.html