03 Jan 2013 17:01

Hi Sergey,

I think a must have for any modern web app (Web 3.0) is to be compliant with microformats. They are not only cool in Google SERP, but they're also a marketeer powerful tool.

You can implement them for almost anything (ratings, comments, location, breadcrumbs etc.)

Does anyone agree with me?

Thanks!

Marius

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
03 Jan 2013 21:43

We were thinking about mocroformats. but it was hard to implement as universal solution. I mean we could add styles but it is not always required. And it was not easy to make a parameter that would render things differently inside template.

So, right now it is on shoulders of users to change template to what they need, unless we find nice solution for that.

03 Jan 2013 23:35

I understand your point of view. Anyway, I'm still thinking there are universal uses of some functions (ratings, reviews, breadcrumbs etc.). So far, I'm going to custom code them.

Thank you!

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
04 Jan 2013 01:23

True. But what if rating is not turned on in the type? Then I have to format it differently. Or I'll have to add IF for every div and atribute. Templates will become unreadable.

04 Jan 2013 03:19

I got your point. Maybe some presetting plugins will do the trick in the future. Or custom work :)

Thanks!