03 Jan 2013 12:45

Hi Sergey,

I don't know if this bug is related to the theme or the Cobalt itself. But as I said in title, I can't edit any record without being logged in the front end as well. Is this what you intended to do?

I don't think so, either :) And maybe you give up the modal box edit window, or at least when you press SAVE & CLOSE, the window should close itself, not show the front page.

I'll attach a screenshot.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
03 Jan 2013 17:25

Marius,

following the development of Resources/Cobalt for quite some time, the direction of MintJoomla appears to me to get away from back end editing as much as possible.

I would not be surprised if Cobalt 9 would get rid of the Joomla backend at all. :D

Since Cobalt 8 introduced Versioning and Audit trail, the front end became even more powerful.

Actually i personally dont use back end editing anymore ... :D

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
04 Jan 2013 00:35

Marius,

for Cobalt you will find the more powerful tools (Versioning/Audit Trail/Notifications) only in the front end. If you log in as Super admin/ Special you will have access to everything anyway.

It might just be a matter of getting used to it and exploring the possibilities Cobalt 8 can provide to you.

As said, i monitor now the records (> 90K) directly from the frontend and dont use the backend anymore (at least for record editing). :D

But I am not talking about the Cobalt TYPE/SECTION/FIELD , Joomla related stuff or other extensions.