23 Dec 2012 03:28

hi

does cobalt have editor and customer rating ?

I explain : when we write an article, we make a rating (editor) but each customer could make a rating with a short description and cobalt does a average rating from all customers rating

thanks

Last Modified: 06 Jan 2016

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
23 Dec 2012 09:46

Yes it is possible.

Yo configure multi property rating and allow only author of article to set it. Att small textarea doe description. This is how you setup content type.

Then if you want to rate cobalt articles use Cobalt type comments where one cobalt article can be comment of other cobalt article. Or, if you rate Joomla core article use discussion plugin.

23 Dec 2012 10:42

i don' understand, if i have 10 user's comments with rating, ,how are it going to calculate global rating ?

thanks

Sergey
23 Dec 2012 21:02

In discussion plugin for Joomla core content there is special parameter. It runs separate query to calculate summary. And the same in Cobalt comment adapter.

25 Dec 2012 09:07

ok i would have average users rating if i have 10 rating and review from 10 comments like in attachment ?

thanks

Sergey
25 Dec 2012 11:15

Unfortunately it does not yet support multi property average. Average will be one line rating. But ratings of users may be mutli property.

ron.du VIP
Total posts: 113
04 Jan 2013 01:02

I want this feature too. rating and reviews like Jreviews or Sobipro review rating plugin. I thing this feature will encourage lots of people to use cobalt instead of jreviews and sobipro because cobalt has more features than those

Sergey
04 Jan 2013 01:39

I want this feature too. rating and reviews like Jreviews or Sobipro review rating plugin. I thing this feature will encourage lots of people to use cobalt instead of jreviews and sobipro because cobalt has more features than those

But we already have this feature. It has everything, like multicriteria rating, 3 method of rating calculations, total ratings, ...

The only thing lak that if there is multi-criteria rating, total rating will be single. That only issue. Which is not big to start. And later we add this.

matcorrao VIP
Total posts: 83
12 Mar 2013 18:46

Hi Sergey,

Let's see if I get this right. I have two types: Business and Reviews. Each with its proper sections.

I would like to have a general rating for the business based on reviews.

Review type has a textarea field and multiple rating option is enabled.

Business comments are set to Cobalt using the Review type. 'Who can rate' parameter for business type is set to 'No one'.

Is this the correct configuration you were suggesting? If so, I have two questions: - How can I show the overall rating for a business based on reviews? - Is it possible that users set the rate when they submit the review (on the form)?

Thanks in advance,

Matias

Sergey
13 Mar 2013 01:31
  • How can I show the overall rating for a business based on reviews?

$rating = CobaltApi::renderRating($item->type_id, $item->section_id, "r.parent = 'com_cobalt' AND r.parent_id = {$item->id}");

echo $rating['html'];

• How can I show the overall rating for a business based on reviews?

• Is it possible that users set the rate when they submit the review (on the form)?

Yes, set "Who can rate" to Only article author

30 Dec 2015 20:09

Is there a way I can provide a Tool Tip on hoverover for the multiple review criteria? To give the user some direction on each review criteria item. I have inserted directly where the criteria can be set, it doesn't flow well. Thank you, John

Sergey
05 Jan 2016 08:06

Guest Is there a way I can provide a Tool Tip on hoverover for the multiple review criteria? To give the user some direction on each review criteria item. I have inserted directly where the criteria can be set, it doesn't flow well. Thank you, John

When you set criterias, cobalt will show those criterias automatically.

05 Jan 2016 16:42

Sergey

Guest Is there a way I can provide a Tool Tip on hoverover for the multiple review criteria? To give the user some direction on each review criteria item. I have inserted directly where the criteria can be set, it doesn't flow well. Thank you, John

When you set criterias, cobalt will show those criterias automatically. Thanks, Sergey, the criteria show up fine. I would like to include a hoverover for each criteria item to provide criteria definitions to the end user for using the rating's criteria. Probably be a js script I'd need to include somewhere?

Sergey
06 Jan 2016 07:17

there is multiple rating template parameter in content type parameters. Perhaps you can create a copy of that one and add modifications you need.