31 Dec 2012 05:37

Hello

Im doing a form to purchace a subscription on a printed newspaper. The title in the record - is it possible to hide this field and have a auto-title, or is it possible to change its title somwhere? I konw it was possible to change title in Resources at least.

Additionally i dont get out of how to get two textfields on same line, like postnumber and postplace (town, city or whatever). I cant find any option for this, it was possible in Resources i remember.

Thanks!

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
31 Dec 2012 06:27

In type parameters you can turn of title or create auto title or we call it composite titles.

31 Dec 2012 09:13

Thanks.

And the other question?

In field to write composite title, its a bit hard to write. As when the area of the box you see is fullwritten, if you then write more - you dont see what you are writing, and still see the beginning of the text.

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
31 Dec 2012 20:48

Additionally i dont get out of how to get two textfields on same line, like postnumber and postplace (town, city or whatever). I cant find any option for this, it was possible in Resources i remember.

It depends on your template.

A possible way would be to assign a Field class to position the field in the FIELD parameters or to create a customized template based on your positioning.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
01 Jan 2013 01:12

Field classes are fixed.

In field to write composite title, its a bit hard to write. As when the area of the box you see is fullwritten, if you then write more - you dont see what you are writing, and still see the beginning of the text.

This is how joomla admin interface treat text fields with jQuery. We cannot affect it. There are many things like this in Joomla 3.0 UI.