pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
17 Апр 2014 16:51

The possibility to mark a user status is a nice addition...

Complaint - customization and limit

The 3 different groups/statuses are logical, but why this fixed pixel icons?

Cons:

• images are located in a core folder
  • the output is a bare img tag after the username

IMHO, pretty hard-coded, almost impossible to customize.

1. Suggestion - custom folder, CSS or webfonts

pixels:

• at least image selection from custom folder/path
  • I expected to find the usual mini-icon selection (like in field-labels)

state-of-the-art:

• output custom HTML-tag and/icon class name. i.e. most likely a span or i-tag which are used by FontAwesome, J! IcoMoon etc.
  • optional surround username with definable VIP CSS class (allows different style of username in color/backround etc.)

2. Suggestion - Plan icons

The flexible threshold for gold status is cool and also independent from the actual plans.

What about an icon for each plan? Currently plans have only a HTML description. I have seen the image/icon selector in Emerald GROUPS. This should be available for PLANS as well! This icon could be shown with the user-info (option to turn it off in template params).

(BTW, i have a similar plan-image feature in "Joomlapolis CBsubs". And it can also be shown in profile and other locations like Kunena sidebar.)

Последние изменения: 18 Апр 2014

Метки Cobalt 9

nican VIP
Total posts: 392
17 Апр 2014 18:45

+1

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
18 Апр 2014 05:22

Yes, nowadays there are a lot of ways to show an icon. Fonts, CSS, IMG, ...

1. I think the way we are doing now is flexible. Youlaways can add aother icons to that folder and change icons to whatever you want and keep those changes on update. If we use fomt for example we will have to load additional 500k font just to show single icon. To use CSS, that may complicate things for not advanced users and require file editing.

2. Plan icons sounds good. But again hard to implemnet it universaly. What if someone attached image 250x250? Where to show it? In profile or forum left column is ok. I can make it little smaller like 48x48. But in the topic list? That will be a lot of IF just to indicate user status.

pepperstreet VIP
18 Апр 2014 18:23

Sergey add aother icons to that folder and change icons to whatever you want and keep those changes on update.

o.k. did not think of adding images to that folder. Good, if they are save on updates.

If we use font for example we will have to load additional 500k font just to show single icon.

Honestly, any template or framework comes with his icon-font today. There is even a standard font in J!core. So, not a real issue. I was thinking about an optional input field, where you can specify your custom TAG/icon syntax. So, everyone could use his personal favorite, or any font that is currenntly available to him.

To use CSS, that may complicate things for not advanced users and require file editing.

Almost anything needs to be re-styled with CSS to fit into a commercial club template or custom design. So, this is not a major concern. More a necessity.

Anyway, you can keep the current solution... but:

• the markup is a plain IMG tag. There is neither a SPAN, nor any CLASS. It is impossible to modify or position it to your needs
  • it could benefit from your ususal mini-icon selector
  • include an additional span or class for the image tag. So, it can be accessed and modified by advanced users. Maybe add your 3 statuses like .emgold , emsilver , .embronze and maybe all the active plans by their ID? .emplan1 , emplan2 , emplan3 etc.

pepperstreet VIP
18 Апр 2014 19:09

Sergey Plan icons sounds good. But again hard to implemnet it universaly. What if someone attached image 250x250? Where to show it? In profile or forum left column is ok. I can make it little smaller like 48x48. But in the topic list? That will be a lot of IF just to indicate user status.

Started a separate topic for Emerald. Maybe a plan image is not necessarily the same as emerald user-status. Let's discuss over here...

Работает на Cobalt