pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
17 Июль 2015 17:06

Hello, I have noticed Sergey's comment about custom fields in Emerald 10.

I am working on Emerald 10 right now very close to release. This version supports custom fields you can attach to plan purchase.

Question

Apart from the custom fields content for additional infos, do they have other features?

Idea

What about adding "Optional Items" to a plan, which might have an additional item price. This price might affect the total amount. Usually increasing it, but decreasing would also make sense. "Optional Items" and their price could be listed on the "receipt/bill" separately. etc.

If custom fields are not suitable for such advanced features, I could imagine to utilize Cross Plans for a similar usage ;)

Последние изменения: 04 Апр 2016

Enes VIP
Total posts: 38
18 Июль 2015 03:35

pepperstreet What about adding "Optional Items" to a plan, which might have an additional item price. This price might affect the total amount. Usually increasing it, but decreasing would also make sense. "Optional Items" and their price could be listed on the "receipt/bill" separately. etc.

+1 for this idea. Thus admins can ask for extra services to the customers with extra payment.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
20 Июль 2015 06:20

pepperstreet What about adding "Optional Items" to a plan, which might have an additional item price.

Done. This custom field is called UPSELL. Ity allos you to sell extra things like for example +$10 for priority support of +$10 for mailing product on CD/DVD, etc..

Enes VIP
Total posts: 38
20 Июль 2015 14:57

Great. Does this feature only work during subscription? Or can customers purchase them after they completed the membership (or whenever they want)?

pepperstreet VIP
20 Июль 2015 19:56

Enes Does this feature only work during subscription? Or can customers purchase them after they completed the membership...

Good point...

Sergey
21 Июль 2015 19:05

Enes Great. Does this feature only work during subscription? Or can customers purchase them after they completed the membership (or whenever they want)?

Right now it only works during subscription.

pepperstreet VIP
21 Июль 2015 20:55

Is it usable for this scenario:

Create different prices for 1 Subscription plan. For instance let users select their personal "status" to reduce the membership price i.e. for students, apprentice, jobless people.

This might also require an upload/attachment of an evidence or official paper. i.e. scan or photo as pdf, jpg

Sergey
22 Июль 2015 11:38

You can use upsell field for that. Upsell can affect price as up as down. Something like select status and then affect base price.

pepperstreet This might also require an upload/attachment of an evidence or official paper. i.e. scan or photo as pdf, jpg

Then user will not be able to process to purchase because manual process require manual billing and manual approval. Emerald will create subscription automaticaly. And if not, then you do not need to do it through Emerald at all. You can use Cobalt as subscription request mechanism and create subscriptions to approved requests manually.

pepperstreet VIP
22 Июль 2015 23:46

Sergey Then user will not be able to process to purchase because manual process require manual billing and manual approval. Emerald will create subscription automaticaly.

Subscription should work like normal. In real world, you often have to accept registrations/subscriptions...
but the approval/check is done later on. If there is any fraud attempt, a user will be blocked later.

Just wanted to know, if we have an attachment field at all. What field types and validation do we get?

Sergey
23 Июль 2015 13:39

Fields are plugins just like in Cobalt. We can create any field. But by default there will be only 3 fields. Note, Upsell, Crosssell

bonzomedia VIP
Total posts: 39
01 Апр 2016 14:12

New Emerald 10 beta tester here...

Having custom fields turned out to be an absolute requirement for my client's site - we need to capture additional information alongside a donation hence installing and starting to use E10

I've installed E10 and note the following:-

1. The field types Note and Upsell allow two kinds of input Note - Text and Upsell - Checkbox (with controls for adding value based options, and restrictions can be defined to hide/show the field based on category and plan.

However, I note that there are few omissions which I think will be really important:-

1. There is no apparent way to make a field mandatory field (i.e. at the very least non-blank)
2. The HTML field type used is "textarea" and the number of rows is set to 5. This results in a bulky looking page. It would be really useful to be able to specify the HTML field type as either "input" or "textarea" and have the number of rows as a parameter.
3. No Free text field type - this would enable commentary within the form.
4, Conditional field display dependent on the value of another field would great, but I understand we're getting into the realms of a fully fledged form handling system!

Sergey
04 Апр 2016 15:40

bonzomedia 1. There is no apparent way to make a field mandatory field (i.e. at the very least non-blank)

That might be a good option

bonzomedia 2. The HTML field type used is "textarea" and the number of rows is set to 5. This results in a bulky looking pag

Hard to satisfy everyone. Use CSS to adjust your field.

bonzomedia 4, Conditional field display dependent on the value of another field would great, but I understand we're getting into the realms of a fully fledged form handling system!

Yes we do. It is little too much. Even Cobalt (which is actualy form generator) do not have this feature.

In general thank you for input. I'll see what I can implement.

Работает на Cobalt