pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
19 Фев 2014 16:44

FYI, just read the latest blog post about JA PURITY III stable release. In addition there was a link to the following forum post… Please, see description and instructions here:

A call for "Sensible Compatibility" & Translation Contribution for Purity III

Not sure, if this is the best way for full Cobalt compatibility. Maybe one of many approaches to run both projects in the same site/installation. Maybe Cobalt global setting is of any help. It might be, that JA removes all BSv2 stuff from the header?! I have to admit that i did not make heavy tests, yet.

BTW, Purity III is Bootstrap v3 and FontAwesome powered. There is no BS v2 version like it is for the T3 BLANK template!

Related Links: - Purity III download - demo

Последние изменения: 03 Нояб 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
20 Фев 2014 00:58

This method does not solve the problem. All Cobalt layouts are created with BS2 markup. Especialy grid. And BS2 and # are not compatible. I mean those have the same class for different purposes like row. In BS2 it is fixed width and in BS3 it is fluid and only row class. SO I cannot add additional classes because it will work in only one BS anyway.

And that is obviously shortcoming of BS3.

hwdevteam VIP
Total posts: 76
20 Фев 2014 04:11

We have just gone BS3.. the only downside for us ? Pixels not EM's.. But we have not used BS3 with Cobalt yet - just smaller sites..

brianpat VIP
Total posts: 211
14 Март 2014 14:16

JA Purity looks amazing and I am thinking of installing for my site. Can anybody suggest if cobalt and emeralds are compatible with this?

clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
14 Март 2014 15:39

i think only popup of mail fied and relation field have problem

Гость
23 Окт 2014 21:38

Hi, I'm very interested in using Cobalt and Emerald in my new project but I will be using the Joomlart Purity template, will this be compatible? If not completely, do you have an ETA for when it will work 100%?

Holding thumbs!

pepperstreet VIP
24 Окт 2014 00:00

Guest Hi, I'm very interested in using Cobalt and Emerald in my new project but I will be using the Joomlart Purity template, will this be compatible? If not completely, do you have an ETA for when it will work 100%?

At least for Cobalt, you can download the free package, you may also download the free "packs" like forum, downloads, gallery (replace gallery with image field). This should give you a very quick start and you can test the Purity template to your heart's content...

You should take care of submission forms and section's user menu. Also the MooTools related fields which have an uploader etc.

Personal thoughts:

Basically everything should work. There might be some CSS/design issues though. For visual cobalt-template compatibility you might activate the respective option in Cobalt's global configuration. That will load Bootstrap 2 CSS)

Not sure if PurityIII is the best choice, because you have no option to use BSv2. So, you might end-up with a lot of JS/CSS overhead.

Not to mention that double-loading of bootstrap v2 joomla core files + bootstrap v3 leads to a CSS override hell. Additionally you have a lot of template.css rules.

My last try with Purity3 leaves mixed feelings. The main menu and Cobalts menus are affected and really hard to fix. It is really cumbersome and annoying. The main problem is: Joomlart tries to get rid of all BSv2 stuff and forces v3. But a Joomla3 compliant extension loads v2 again.

Гость
24 Окт 2014 16:10

pepperstreet

Guest Hi, I'm very interested in using Cobalt and Emerald in my new project but I will be using the Joomlart Purity template, will this be compatible? If not completely, do you have an ETA for when it will work 100%?

At least for Cobalt, you can download the free package, you may also download the free "packs" like forum, downloads, gallery (replace gallery with image field). This should give you a very quick start and you can test the Purity template to your heart's content...

You should take care of submission forms and section's user menu. Also the MooTools related fields which have an uploader etc.

Personal thoughts:

Basically everything should work. There might be some CSS/design issues though. For visual cobalt-template compatibility you might activate the respective option in Cobalt's global configuration. That will load Bootstrap 2 CSS)

Not sure if PurityIII is the best choice, because you have no option to use BSv2. So, you might end-up with a lot of JS/CSS overhead.

Not to mention that double-loading of bootstrap v2 joomla core files + bootstrap v3 leads to a CSS override hell. Additionally you have a lot of template.css rules.

My last try with Purity3 leaves mixed feelings. The main menu and Cobalts menus are affected and really hard to fix. It is really cumbersome and annoying. The main problem is: Joomlart tries to get rid of all BSv2 stuff and forces v3. But a Joomla3 compliant extension loads v2 again.

Thanks for the fast response. Based on your personal thoughts I'm a bit hesitant using Cobalt and Purity together. Perhaps you can give me some advice, I'm looking to build a responsive online education site where users will pay for a subscription which will give them access to certain training material (videos, documents and quizzes) for a certain duration based on their subscription package.

I'm used to working with Joomlart's Purity theme which has served me very well in the past and I am very comforable with it. Your CCK software looks great and seems to cater for all the needs required for this project.

What alternative combo of themes and extensions could you suggest which will incorporate all the necessary components: 1. A Payment gateway 2Checkout & PayPal. 2. 2. User subscriptions with access to specific content based on the subscription choice with automatic account terminations when subscription is over + option to renew. 3. Ability to load in video content and documents (MS WORD and PP) 4. Ability to include quizzes (mutlple choice with auto checking) 5. A commenting section included with each training module. 6. A responsive theme.

I'd like to keep costs to a minimum (hence Purity) and limit as much CSS overhead as possible and preferably not have to deal with any JS.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated!

pepperstreet VIP
26 Окт 2014 14:11

Sergey SO I cannot add additional classes because it will work in only one BS anyway.

Recently I came across this Isis BS3 admin template.
The author makes use of his own project called "Bootstrap 3 Adapter".

Maybe something for an additional "Compatibility" parameter in Cobalt's global config? What do you think?

pepperstreet VIP
26 Окт 2014 15:43

Guest I'm used to working with Joomlart's Purity theme which has served me very well in the past and I am very comforable with it.

If you know T3 and Purity very well, you might give it a try. As I mentioned earlier, there are issues with the main menu, and the section menu (which is easier to fix). If you can fix it in a reasonable time frame it should work, but personally I would consider a different framework or even write a simple template without those heavy framework overrides.

BTW, maybe you can add the main Purity styles to the T3 BLANK v2 ?

Apart from T3, and with current J! core bootstrap implementation, it might be a good idea to choose a template/framework with BS v2. In general ALL frameworks tend to load their OWN BS versions. Often because of iconfonts support...

Template Frameworks

• Joomshaper HELIX2
    (RADON template is free now! Currently working on HELIX v3, not sure... might have a switch for bootstrap versions)

• JoomlaMan utilize HELIX2. Modified with some more options.

• JoomlaShine JSN
    (uses special BS v2.3.2 files! You have to download a FREE template to get the actual framework, it is updated through template parameters, only PRO templates have more features)

• Templaza PLAZART
    (mixture of T3 and Helix! You can switch BS versions)

• Yootheme WARP7
    (Based on their own grid and UiKit CSS/JS, optionally loads own BS CSS. WARP8 is coming soon)

Your CCK software looks great and seems to cater for all the needs required for this project.

For sure. An advantage is the connection between Cobalt and Emerald. And the freedom to create your own appearance with the Cobalt templates system. But freedom might also lead to extra work.

What alternative combo of themes and extensions could you suggest which will incorporate all the necessary components:

1. Ability to load in video content and documents (MS WORD and PP)

You mean viewing? Or attachments/uploads?

1. Ability to include quizzes (mutlple choice with auto checking)

You might create your own quizzes content type in Cobalt. But you would have to create and care about the workflow, stats and validations yourself. Depends on your needs.

I just know about Cobalts "Content Drip" field integration with a 3rdParty Quiz Deluxe by JoomPlace.

Bildschirmfoto 2014-10-26 um 16.24.51

I'd like to keep costs to a minimum (hence Purity) and

Templates/Subscriptions are really cheap. The costs might explode, if you have to do a lot of customization and fix issues. (Hence framework/template suggestions above.)

The only "drawback" is the current J! bootstrap situation. Which has an impact on other extensions as well.
Cobalt8 still requires MooTools for some fields. But even latest J! core loads MooTools for login, lightbox etc.

On the other hand, if this will be a serious, commercial site I would spend the needed money beforehand.

limit as much CSS overhead as possible and preferably not have to deal with any JS.

Joomla 3 is the culprit, IMHO. I guess it will take more time to get a clean and straight forward solution. Possibly J! 4.0 ;)

Alternatives / Extensions

• iJoomla Guru
    (out-of-the-box solution, if you can live with the workflow and features: subscription, quiz, certificates. Live example OStraining.com)

• Shika LMS
    (under construction by TechJoomla, first blog post), 2nd blog post about final stage.

Edit: Corrected JSN framework bootstrap infos.

Гость
27 Окт 2014 09:53

Thanks for your advice @pepperstreet! You've definitely given me a good number of directions I could possibly go.

I'll spend some time researching them in-depth and then make the BIG decision.

Again, thanks SO MUCH for all your help!

pepperstreet VIP
28 Окт 2014 05:35

You're welcome! (you can donate via paypal ;) )

Would be nice to hear from you again. I am curious about your experiences.

Гость
30 Окт 2014 16:15

@pepperstreet Thanks. I'll be presenting my research tomorrow to my partner and we will make the final call then. Shika looks very good as an out-of-the-box solution and might be best for our limited time-frame, although it's not cheap by a long shot! If we do go that route I'd still like to give Cobalt a try with some of my own future projects.

I must say that your friendly and incredibly helpful and informative customer support is second to none and a massive incentive for using your products!

Thanks for all your help again! I'll give you a shout out in the Joomla Community forums!

pepperstreet VIP
30 Окт 2014 22:20

Guest I must say that your friendly and incredibly helpful and informative customer support is second to none and a massive incentive for using your products!

Actually, I am just a customer and fan ;)

Anyway, your comments and appreciation is a great motivation to stay here and help other people. Not everyone is so thankful and communicative! (I am temted to mention some recent usernames here...)

Thanks for all your help again! I'll give you a shout out in the Joomla Community forums!

+1

Работает на Cobalt