pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
10 Дек 2013 17:04

Hello, what is the current status of Karma points in Cobalt section events parameters?

• Is it functional in C8 at all?
  • Can I display this info on user homepage or with user info in general?
  • How to access Karma points? Can it be used anywhere?
  • Possible to "map" those karma points or the events to another extension? i.e. AUP, JomSocial, CB field(s), Kunena karma

Thanks in advance.

Последние изменения: 02 Март 2014

Метки Cobalt 9 Integrations

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
11 Дек 2013 04:41

Yes. We do not plan to develop our own points system. This is only for integration. It perfectly works with JomSocial right now and will work for EasySocial and CB.

Since Cobalt does not handle it, we do not show it. But you ofcourse can show jomsocial points in custom template.

• How to access Karma points? Can it be used anywhere?

• Possible to "map" those karma points or the events to another extension? i.e. AUP, JomSocial, CB field(s), Kunena karma

Unswered :)

pepperstreet VIP
11 Дек 2013 05:11

Since Cobalt does not handle it, we do not show it. But you ofcourse can show jomsocial points in custom template.

How to access and display this info in Cobalt (native, directly). Without any 3rd-Party extension or integration.

Can you give code/API hints in docs section, please?

Sergey
11 Дек 2013 05:31

How to access and display this info in Cobalt (native, directly). Without any 3rd-Party extension or integration.

cobalt does not store points. It means that for every extension method wil be different. You will have to look karma API of extension where karma is stored.

I mean, it is really strange to have it in Cobalt parameters WITHOUT any access and display in frontend.

That may be strange. But we desided to put those parameters there, because it would be hard to create it in every integration plugin. It is just make live simplier.

pepperstreet VIP
11 Дек 2013 05:55

cobalt does not store points.

I see. :O :( Too bad.

Sergey
11 Дек 2013 05:56

It never had. Even in Resources it stored points in Touch.

pepperstreet VIP
07 Фев 2014 03:33

cobalt does not store points. It means that for every extension method wil be different. You will have to look karma API of extension where karma is stored.

Two related ideas:

1.) Is it possible to catch the events in Cobalt... and then store the Karma points in Cobalt Digits field? Would be cool and easy to select a storage field in backend.

2.) I found this free ITprism Gamification - JED - Product page and download. Is this more suitable and compatible then AUP?

Sergey
10 Фев 2014 00:21

1) Field digit does not have a storage. Digit field store values in the same place where all other fields do it. After you store it what is you plan to do with it? Why storing karma points in karma point extension does not fit?

2) Quick overview did not give me infor to answer your question. I would rather listen to you after you use it and find out if it is better or not.

pepperstreet VIP
10 Фев 2014 02:08

1)After you store it what is you plan to do with it? Why storing karma points in karma point extension does not fit?

• Display and usage in Cobalt or any other extension WITHOUT the need for a bigger community extension.
  • Access the info and subtract/add points by other extensions or site events.
  • Use points for "buying/paying" things
  • Use points for "accessing" site content or features

1)After you store it what is you plan to do with it? Why storing karma points in karma point extension does not fit?

2) Quick overview did not give me infor to answer your question. I would rather listen to you after you use it and find out if it is better or not.

Yep. Will try to give it a spin. Also contacted the developer for CB support.

Sergey
10 Фев 2014 02:29
  • Display and usage in Cobalt or any other extension WITHOUT the need for a bigger community extension.

• Access the info and subtract/add points by other extensions or site events.

• Use points for "buying/paying" things

• Use points for "accessing" site content or features

This is whole point system AUP analog. I do not think Cobalt have to have this thing built-in if there are nice extensions already made for that.

Sergey
10 Фев 2014 05:17

I know that Karma may be used for lot of things. If karma is bounded to article I would easily do it. But it is bound to user. I have no table where i can store it.

But I agree there are so many things to do with karma.

pepperstreet VIP
10 Фев 2014 09:16

But it is bound to user. I have no table where i can store it.

I thought of using a special Section, Type and a Digits field. Each user gets an article. The user "is" actually the article. At least he is bound to 1 article. Do you remember the topic "Cobalt type as extended user Profile...".

Maybe this internal Cobalt storage can have respective section parameters. i.e.:

• Karma Cobalt Storage: Toggle ON/OFF

If ON then specify: - Select Section - Select Type - Select Field (Digits Field)

Alternatively, i could imagine a CB integration:

Even CB has no internal points or karma system. There is a simple AJAX+/- field type. But it will be re-factored in the future. The best and simple option is to use the CB Integer Field. It is s standard field type and stores numbers.

Apart from that:

What about storage via "Custom SQL query". So any table or field could be used and altered.

Sergey
11 Фев 2014 07:16

I cannot understand. How custom SQL may be used? It is triggered in the field not on events.

Sergey
11 Фев 2014 23:54

I'll have to have special table for that.

Работает на Cobalt