pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
07 Окт 2013 16:13

Just noticed that READ ALSO field does always include the CURRENT type into selection. Why is this? Any different performance if I make any selection in multi-select?

Possible options:

A.) Checkbox/Toggle to omit current type.

B.) Omit current type by default. Use multi-select list to select any type (incl. current)

I think B.) is more logical, because current type is already listed there!

Последние изменения: 02 Март 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
08 Окт 2013 02:07

In fact there is no difference what type. It will search articles in current section only and there is no parameter that changes that.

Sergey
09 Окт 2013 00:57

The whole Idea of this field is to create set of articles inside the same section. Even a type selector is already advanced option.

s it possible to create such option?

Unfortunately no.

pepperstreet VIP
09 Окт 2013 08:40

Even a type selector is already advanced option.

That is the point! It adds an option and on the same time it limits/restricts a basic feature. That doesn´t make any sense.

Technically, i see no reason to implement this parameter. It lists already ALL types. From ALL sections. Not only one. So, why does it select the current TYPE by default?! The multi-select allows to select any type and multiple types... why not simply take the selection?

Sergey
09 Окт 2013 23:56

This shows list of articles in section template. So it may be only one section. And since it is double bound connection it should be the same section.

Sergey
10 Окт 2013 09:26

:) because this was original idea behind this field. Not to create links to any articles but group articles into groups within one section.

Sergey
10 Окт 2013 23:54

I cannot show types from few sections. it is almost impossible.

Sergey
17 Окт 2013 01:29

why listing the other types?! That is really confusing.

This is because how it works. In field parameters we do not yet know to what section this type is binded. So we use standard type list form element which list all types.

pepperstreet VIP
14 Нояб 2013 08:55

Just bumping my own comment for better recognition:

Anyway, I think one necessary improvement is: Do not add the CURRENT type as default! Especially in multi-type scenario I might want to show another type only. That is impossible with the current hard-coded default.

Работает на Cobalt