pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
26 Сен 2013 11:56

(Re-creation of my C7 topic)

IDEA:

Improve readability and UX: Assign and display different colors for notifications. Emphasize the different actions, types and sections.

ISSUE:

A lot of notification-windows are really hard to read... if the actions like edited/bookmarked/commented... would have different colors, it would be much easier to get an overview and faster to see what is most important to the user. Regarding Notimoo (C7)... there is only one DIV class notimoo and DIV class message. Everything else than versatile ;-)

SUGGESTIONS: - SPANS and CSS classes around the different pieces of information - specific CSS classes for whole info bubble allows colored background, special icons or category images etc. - Consider a color-code in Notifications list menu item, and module. - Utilize J!30 JUI webfont "Icomoon"?

Thanks for listening.

Visual examples:

(text and icons only placeholders, might be icons for actions, category or type etc.)

Related topic & links:

Jommla 3+ and Cobalt future - Growl style notifications (without MooTools)

Последние изменения: 02 Март 2014

Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
27 Сен 2013 20:35

Good ideas here. Adding spans and css classes to different notification types will give us more control in the final output.

I've noticed that if a user hasn't looked at his record (ie list view) for a while and there are a lot of unread notifications, the list in the notification tooltip gets extremely long. Maybe just showing the notification types (events) and the count numbers is a better alternative.

Record is edited (1)

Record is bookmarked (5)

New comment (14)

etc.

What about a live notification feature?

Best regards,

Jeff

Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
28 Сен 2013 22:08

pepperstreet

BTW, you might be interested in this Notifications MenuItem "Counter". I tried it with a simple override. It detects your Cobalt Notification MenuItem by URL. And displays the total# see here: http://support.mintjoomla.com/en/cobalt-8/questions/Notification +menu+not+displaying+the+number+of+notifications-3944.html#comment-form

Thanks, I will have a look. :)

Having trouble downloading your file, though...

Работает на Cobalt