Judah Raine
Total posts: 332
10 Сен 2013 23:33

Hi there, I'm busy working through the documentation, but can't seem to find anything (as yet) which will answer my question...

Assuming I will create two separate types: Book Library and Book Review. Is there a way to link one to the other? e.g. There is a book listed in the Library section. I now want my official reviewers to be able to add an official site review and link it to the Book Library article.

Note: official reviews are a function for certain users and has very specific layout and content. simple member reviews will be added by users based on the review/rating facility, but I need my reviews to be separate and official, but still linked.

As an example: should a member (registered) view the book library article, there will be a link to the official review article (assuming we have had a review request. If not requested, the official review link will not show)

Hope I've explained myself properly.

Thanks,

Jude

Последние изменения: 02 Март 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
11 Сен 2013 00:47

Assuming I will create two separate types: Book Library and Book Review. Is there a way to link one to the other? e.g. There is a book listed in the Library section. I now want my official reviewers to be able to add an official site review and link it to the Book Library article.

In book library type, comments parameter add comments as cobalt type. Ans select your Book review section and type. Also look other parameters there.

Note: official reviews are a function for certain users and has very specific layout and content. simple member reviews will be added by users based on the review/rating facility, but I need my reviews to be separate and official, but still linked.

In book review type make some fields common for everyone and some only for official reviewers based on accesslevel.

As an example: should a member (registered) view the book library article, there will be a link to the official review article (assuming we have had a review request. If not requested, the official review link will not show)

In addition you may allow official reviewers to make reviews featured and show featured first. Like sticky review. Always on top. Aтв шт template you may also highlight it with different color.

Judah Raine
11 Сен 2013 02:50

Wonderful! I'm off to go play :D

Thank you

Judah Raine
12 Сен 2013 10:24

Hi there, I'm working on this tonight but am a little confused. Under comments parameters I find the following in the dropdown box:

As there is no Cobalt type option, I tried the Cobalt built in but there is then no option anywhere for the type selection. Also, If I look under the comments template, there is no option except default, even though I have copied to create the reviews template.

I'd appreciate your help to see what I'm missing.

Thank you

Judah Raine
12 Сен 2013 11:01

Just to add to this. I have updated with the latest package and it's still as above :D

Also, one more question. Is it possible to display comments as single line with read more or something like that? what I'd like is e.g.

Official CRR Review (read more)

Member review (read more)

As there will probably be quite a few over time, I'd like to be list it rather than have the page endlessly scrolling.

Thanks.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
12 Сен 2013 15:42

Is it possible to display comments as single line with read more or something like that? what I'd like is e.g.

Official CRR Review (read more)

Member review (read more)

Cobalt Type as Comment:

See YourType -> CommentsParameters and screenshot.

Different parameters and options than build-in comments. Maybe the better choice for your review system... !? You can use any Cobalt field in your comment/review etc. Also select or create your own template, with according display parameters.

Regarding ReadMore: Not sure if you want to hide/show a portion of the content, or if you mean a simple link to the full view? Both is possible.

Cobalt Build-In Comments:

Also supports a comments template, see...

YourType -> General Parameters -> Templates -> Comments

Might require some custom work to hide/reveal the content. But possible.

Работает на Cobalt