nwrightau VIP
Total posts: 99
17 Фев 2016 05:12

Hi,

One of our sites is high traffic and unfortunately it is built with Cobalt 8. The database is so huge the site barely runs, in total it's 3.45gb - largely it seems due to the size of the js_res_audit_log table - why causes this to be so huge? Is there a way to stop it becoming to massive.

I have deleted records in that table and the js_res_hits tables that were older than 1 day.

This alone has reduced the db size from 3.45gb to 190mb. There were over 5 million rows in the js_res_audit_log table...

How can I stop this from happening again?

Thanks

Последние изменения: 18 Фев 2016

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
17 Фев 2016 06:28

nwrightau,

if you dont need the audit log function, you can disable it and empty the table. I presume the "slowness" is not caused by the auditlog, but other settings.

There are a lot of ways speeding up the default installation of Cobalt 8 depending on your setup. Example : Using multi-type sections cause a slowdown in quite some parts of your site.

See http://docs.mintjoomla.com/en/cobalt/optimization/

Try to switch on debug mode for special user and check the result. It can give quite some clues where to improve your settings.

Sackgesicht VIP
17 Фев 2016 06:31

You can adjust settings in your TYPE setting under "Audit Trail". Either switch the audit log off or adjust the actions to be recorded.

nwrightau VIP
Total posts: 99
17 Фев 2016 22:14

Thanks for the response, is there a quick way to globally turn off the audit trail in the database?

I'll take a look at that article as well thankyou. Surely even the audit log should be automatically cleared once it gets to a certain amount of records.

Sackgesicht VIP
17 Фев 2016 22:48

The only way to turn of the audit trail is by going through every TYPE setting. Set "Enable audit log" to NO.

2016-02-18_06-32-44

If you want to keep the audit trail, but want to make it smaller, just select only the needed actions to be recorded. "Log records view" might create a lot of entries if you have a busy site. Same with comments if you use it.

As of now there is no function to clear or backup the audit log periodically.

To achieve best performance of Cobalt, avoid multi-type sections, no hidden and unpublished records, check your filter settings ...

If your users will add a lot of records, you might even think of removing some of the default table indices if you dont need specific sort orders to overall improve the submission speed of records.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
18 Фев 2016 08:33

Just turn it off as suggested and run TRUNCATE queries over that table. You can also clean _js_res_hits table that can also grow big.

Работает на Cobalt