hwdevteam VIP
Total posts: 76
20 Нояб 2013 01:24

Hi Folks,

REQUIREMENT: My Customer needs a page which shows only an advanced filter for a Topic/Category as a search page, but nothing else around it (none of the records results).

There are 2 settings in Cobalt per field, one for the Filter Template, the other for the "Filter template for module".

We are using the Filter module on the website Left panel, it renders everything as 'selects via the "Filter template for module" setting.

We have setup the In-Page Advanced Search Options filter using "Filter Template" which renders checkboxes instead of selects.

My initial thoughts were:

1. Render just the advanced filter in a 'blank' cobalt page, without the records showing, so that when we select all the checkboxes,and press "Apply" it will load a filtered results page correctly..

If so, how do I get a clean page with just filter boxes, and then redirect to a results category page?

OR..

1. I created a full duplicate of the Cobalt Filter module (called Filter Module Advanced) and installed into a blank Cobalt page. I did this and it works fine.

But, how can I then get this Module to use the "Filter Template" instead of the "Filter template for module" templates ?

I looked through the Filter Module code quite extensively but could not work it out !

Thanks !

Последние изменения: 05 Янв 2022

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
20 Нояб 2013 03:11

If I would do what you ned I would create menu element called Advanced search to something that does not show anything. For example frontpage. And I would add filter module to that page. I would change module template to be more page layout than column. No tabs or slides. all filters evenly positioned on the page.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
20 Нояб 2013 04:04
  1. You do not need do make copy of mudule. This way you will not get updates. Just create copy of /modules?mo_cobalt_filters/tmpl/default.php

2. in module settings choose it as alternative layout.

3. In every field there are 2 filter template parameters. One for section nd one for module. Set it the same for every field.

4. Edit module template you have copied to looks like in section.

Работает на Cobalt