andmm
Total posts: 15
20 Янв 2014 16:41

Is there a way to duplicate a type?

I have 20 fields that are common to 3 different types. It would be great if I could create a base e then duplicate that and build the rest upon it.

Is there a way to do that? Couldn't find it.

Thanks for the help

Последние изменения: 02 Март 2014

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
20 Янв 2014 17:53

There is no copy action on the "types" list. So, no selecting of one or multiple types that reveals a button.

But you can copy one type! You just have to edit your type…

and you will see a respective button "save as copy" in the toolbar ;-)

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
21 Янв 2014 00:11

Note that after copy of type they have the same template settings. It means if you set some template parameters in one type, it will be applied to both.

To avoid that you have to edit on of your types with parameter in URL &newkey=1

Sergey
22 Янв 2014 04:27

Ooops, really? Can't this be solved in any other way?

No.

Ooops, really? Can't this be solved in any other way?

Why doesn't the copy function create an independent parameter set?!

Because when we create new type we do not know it is a copy or it is simply new form submission. And we cannot reset keys on every save.

pepperstreet VIP
22 Янв 2014 16:00

Because when we create new type we do not know it is a copy or it is simply new form submission. And we cannot reset keys on every save.

??? but the copy action or its URL is unique, isn't it? Anyway, you are currently in the type edit mode… so, you should know it is already existing… and the copy button creates a copy of the current type… it can't be a new type, IMHO. Also, why is this important? The parameters and relations are stored somehow in some way. This infos can't be retrieved?! You retrieve all infos for a type on edit. And you create a new type on save and apply… I can't imagine, why there is a real problem for a copy action. There must be a way to check for a types parameters and/or fields. IMHO, if a type has at least 1 field or at least a default parameter set… it is ready for a copy action.

pepperstreet VIP
22 Янв 2014 16:19

when we create new type we do not know it is a copy or it is simply new form submission

Maybe it is easier to have a copy action on the TYPE LIST/MANAGER view? If I mark a type by checkbox, I definitely know that it does exist and it is no new submission! No need to distinguish between new and edit mode.

Sergey
23 Янв 2014 07:10

There is no problem to distinguish between new and edit. The problem is to distinguish between simply new and new from other type.

Работает на Cobalt