andmm
Total posts: 15
30 Авг 2013 20:22

Hello,

Did a quick research and couldn't find a similar question.

In the content type submission settings we can choose which acess level can submit content:

Right now we can only select one acess level to submit content to that determined content type.

Is there a way to have different settings for different acess levels? I think this is very important considering the flexibility of the Joomla ACL system.

For example, let's say I have 2 plans on my site, a free one and a paid one. Each of those plans have a different acess level. In the free plan the user is allowed to submit one article on that content type while the paid one is allowed unlimited submissions. Currently I think this is not possible in Cobalt, am I correct? Since Cobalt is only looking for a particular acess level.

And that applies for the section submission settings as well.

Maybe there's something that I am missing?

I really would like to see this feature, taking full advantage of the built-in acl would be perfect.

Последние изменения: 02 Март 2014

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
31 Авг 2013 17:22

Hello, what do you mean by "plans"? Are you using Emerald? Or do you use another membership/restriction solution?

You are right, the typical "permissions" tab is not available in Cobalt. Not sure if this is a "remnant/relict" from the J!15 days. Since there was no granular permission system..., Resources and Membership added and extended this functionality.

Emerald integration works a bit different. Actually it allows multiple "plans", or groups for display, view, edit, prolong... Please checkout the Emerald tab. There is also a count limit parameter. The options should serve your purpose and setup.

**ACL integration in general:

J! access levels are meant to be "viewing" restrictions only. Assigned groups are allowed to access and view a certain information. ACL's are 1 level deep. They are not used in multiple selections... (please, correct me if I am wrong, but i could not find a multiple ACL select in my extension arsenal)

In short: Joomla separates VIEWING from all other permissions in a separate system (ACL). So, the Cobalt select box is correct in this context.

Possible opinons/understanding:

A.) Cobalt SUBMIT should/could be part of the other permissions... actually controlled per USERGROUP! With all their hierarchy and inheritance features via J! core tab "permissions".

B.) Cobalt SUBMIT parameter and ACL selectbox means: Control the VISIBILITY of this feature.

@Sergey / MintJoomla

This topic is indeed very interesting. Especially for people not working with Emerald, or Cobalt only users. Would like to hear some thoughts...

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
31 Авг 2013 17:58

They are not used in multiple selections... (please, correct me if I am wrong, but i could not find a multiple ACL select in my extension arsenal)

See here

Sackgesicht VIP
31 Авг 2013 18:43

In the free plan the user is allowed to submit one article on that content type while the paid one is allowed unlimited submissions. Currently I think this is not possible in Cobalt, am I correct?

Solution:

Free plan = "Registerd" user with article submission restricted to 1

Unlimited = "Special" user

andmm
31 Авг 2013 19:18

Hello, what do you mean by "plans"? Are you using Emerald? Or do you use another membership/restriction solution?

No, I'm using Akeeba Subscriptions. But that was just an example, pretty much all subscriptions extensions rely on the Joomla ACL on some way.

Please checkout the Emerald tab. There is also a count limit parameter. The options should serve your purpose and setup.

Yeah, I did check the tab before posting but I honestly didn't see a way to do exactly what I had in mind even using emerald. Plus I didnt really consider using Emerald anyway (sorry Sergey :P) since I'm already using aksubs and really happy with it.

Please checkout the Emerald tab. There is also a count limit parameter. The options should serve your purpose and setup.

In short: Joomla separates VIEWING from all other permissions in a separate system (ACL). So, the Cobalt select box is correct in this context.

Yes, the correct thing would be the user groups I believe.

Solution:

Free plan = "Registerd" user with article submission restricted to 1

But if the submission is restricted to registered how would the special group submit an article?

I don't know, for what I have in mind I think I can probably circunvent this problem using different sections with different settings or maybe creating the same content types for each user level with different configuration.

Still, I think my example is an interesting use case. Different settings for different user groups seems like a logical feature.

Sackgesicht VIP
31 Авг 2013 19:32

But if the submission is restricted to registered how would the special group submit an article?

"Special" can always submit -- Just try it out - it works ... i tried it before posting :D

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
01 Сен 2013 04:09

Accesslevel is a simple set of user groups. That means you can create any accesslevel

Scenario 1

Create access level A

Create access level B

Create access level C - with includes A and B abd set this level in parameters.

Scenario 2

Create access level A set as level in parameters

Create access level B that includes level a and adds more.

Sergey
02 Сен 2013 07:32

But it does not help in regards of different "submission limits", IMHO.

Why? As i understand Andre wants that users in different access levels post the same type. This is exactly what it solves.

andmm
02 Сен 2013 08:49

I think I know what pepperstreet meant.

Even in those 2 scenarios I don't see how I would have 2 different submission limits. Those scenarios solve the problem of 2 different levels submitting the same content, but those 2 levels would be able to submit the same ammount of articles, correct?

andmm
02 Сен 2013 10:25

There is a submission limit on the type parameter :P

Sergey
03 Сен 2013 00:41

but those 2 levels would be able to submit the same ammount of articles, correct?

Correct. What if you use Emerald to control this. It is like all users stays in the same registered group. But those who purchased or got for free or was manually granted plan a can submit 5 records and that one who has plan и only 3 records. And by the way this way every user may be in 2 groups simultaneously.

Sergey
04 Сен 2013 02:32

Maybe for Cobalt 9? :)

May be :)

Работает на Cobalt