andmm
Total posts: 15
26 Июнь 2013 13:28

Alright, it is going to be a little tricky to explain exactly what I want but let me try.

I'm developing a business listing website and the content is going to come mostly from front-end submissions. I also would like to give the authors the option to have a blog if they want and in their business listing page I wanna have a module that displays like the 5 latest blog posts from that particular author.

I know I can do this using Cobalt alone (and I pretty much believe this is the only Joomla CCK that can do that out of the box) but I'm interested in using EasyBlog and their cool blog features for this part of the site. Is it possible? The problem here is that I need Cobalt and EasyBlog to exchange information. I know Cobalt keeps track of which user is the author of that particular record and I'm assuming EasyBlog uses Joomla Users as author as well so both systems have that in common.

Also in this case, I need to put a link to that author's blog and I have no idea how to accomplish that.

I'm assuming the answer lies in the full article template of the record?

I think my problem here is not an isolated case as much as it is a problem with joomla extensions in general when you need them to communicate with each other and share functionality among users.

I asked the StackIdea support if they had any solution and they said they also didn't know how to accomplish this.

So is there any way to grab that author information and control the output based on author? What about linking based on that?

Any ideas would be appreciated :)

Последние изменения: 02 Март 2014

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
26 Июнь 2013 20:29

AFAIK, Easyblog has no module that shows posts of a certain user... especially not in any J! article full view context. So, Stackideas have to provide this basic functionality.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
26 Июнь 2013 20:39

Alternative:

Try to get the database query info from StackIdeas... then use Custom SQL in Cobalt field to query for Authors blogposts.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
27 Июнь 2013 04:49

As far as I understand all you want, to show last 5 blog posts of the user in some article full view?

If so you can do it in article full view template. But you have to ask stackideas how to call and display it. They have to have some sort of API. And I know they в have module.

Работает на Cobalt