brianpat VIP
Total posts: 211
10 Фев 2015 18:05

does anyone know if uddeIM can be integrated with cobalt?

Последние изменения: 21 Апр 2017

Метки Integrations

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
10 Фев 2015 20:09

Yes, on custom template level... as far as the following information in Depot is up-to-date:

brianpat VIP
10 Фев 2015 21:09

pepperstreet Yes, on custom template level... as far as the following information in Depot is up-to-date:

Thanks, is there any way it can be integrated with email field.

pepperstreet VIP
10 Фев 2015 21:13

brianpat integrated with email field

Would you mind to explain it in more details, please? What and how do you want an integration to work?

AFAIK, the main purpose of UddeIM is messaging (PMS)... and it sends optional emails as well. What role plays the Cobalt field?

brianpat VIP
10 Фев 2015 21:36

what I want to achieve here is as below:

On each record on the listing page, there will be a button called contact. public users will click that and fill out all information for inquires. record owner will get it within uddeIM PM and also get mail to their personal email. In future if they want they can track how many emails have they received - like how many leads have they got.

Now with email field, record owner directly gets into their personal email, there is no way to track how many emails have they received from the email field.

I hope you understand what I want to achieve.

brianpat VIP
10 Фев 2015 21:39

also, another question is if i integrate uddeim with cobalt as per that link, when public users send mail from record , will the email contain any of record link?

brianpat VIP
10 Фев 2015 21:57

pepperstreet Yes, on custom template level... as far as the following information in Depot is up-to-date:

Also as per the comment in that link the integration was not working before, do u know if it is working now?

pepperstreet VIP
11 Фев 2015 02:20

brianpat Also as per the comment in that link the integration was not working before, do u know if it is working now?

Ooops, yes. The code snippet looks messed-up. I have sent a message to Sergey to have a look.

BTW, here is the latest FAQ PDF from uddeIM package as attachment:

uddeIM-FAQ.pdf

Hence page 107+ and 113 with Cobalt info:

<?php if(JComponentHelper::isEnabled('com_uddeim')):?>
<a href="/<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=new&recip='. $item->user_id); ?>">PM</a>
<?php endif;?>

brianpat when public users send mail from record , will the email contain any of record link?

I guess this is not possible with this simple URL integration. For security reasons, you can't influence or modify the message content.

I think this would require a much deeper integration as described in FAQ pages 58 and 127+. There is an optional system hook plugin and callback functions. It seems to be possible to use the API to send messages. Maybe of interest for Sergey ;)

brianpat VIP
11 Фев 2015 09:57

Sergey I updated code snippets> Sergey

Thanks Sergey.

I have a question for you. Can I use Relation field or cobalt typs as comment for the same? I think I have seent somewhere where it says it is achievable, but dont know how to do it.

My requirements are as below:

On each record on the listing page, there will be a button called contact. public users will click that and fill out all information for inquires. record owner will get it within cobalt (I dont know if it is possible) and also get mail to their personal email(possibly through email field). In future if they want they can track how many emails have they received - like how many leads have they got.

Now with email field, record owner directly gets into their personal email, there is no way to track how many emails have they received from the email field. is it possible through relation field ?

brianpat VIP
11 Фев 2015 10:00

in simple term, is it possible to track how many emails have been sent or received through email field?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
11 Фев 2015 13:44

Yes you can do that. Create relation and oyou will see. Just set access special for messages type so that users only see their own messages.

brianpat VIP
11 Фев 2015 13:49

Sergey Yes you can do that. Create relation and oyou will see. Just set access special for messages type so that users only see their own messages.

sorry for asking you again for clarification. The only field I have never used in cobalt is the relation field. Is there any well documented example on how to do this. How can this be related to email field?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
12 Фев 2015 06:35

brianpat

Sergey Yes you can do that. Create relation and oyou will see. Just set access special for messages type so that users only see their own messages.

sorry for asking you again for clarification. The only field I have never used in cobalt is the relation field. Is there any well documented example on how to do this. How can this be related to email field?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6ArtsnWLd4

Работает на Cobalt