baijianpeng VIP
Total posts: 239
16 Nov 2016 14:49

The way I think Emerald should work in is (for example I want to limit the downloading permissions of users for certains files):

When a user (not login in) comes to my website, he click on "download" menu item and find the file listing page (or detail page) . Then he click on the "Download" button, since this file only allows paid members download, he will see pop-up warning message and he will be redirected to the login form of Joomla. If he had already joined (purchased) that plan, his plan status will be verified automatically when logging in (this process is very quickly and the user will not notice that). After login in, there will be two different ways to go: if the verification is success (he has active subscription), he will be re-directed immediately to the download page, and the downloading will start automatically (because had already clicked on that "download" button); the second way is for those who don't have an active subscription: then he will be redirected to the plan list page (the best solution is to show only the one plan that related to that file he wants to download), then he can purchase the plan there.

Well, how does Emerald work now? It is (you can test it at my website with this file in my download system: http://www.joomlagate.com/index.php?option=com_remository& ;Itemid=48&func=fileinfo&id=1186 ) :

When a user (not login in) clicks on the "download" button, the page will pop-up the warning message and show the login form. Then, after he login in, (we suppose that he had an active subscription), he was not redirected to the download page, but to the plan purchasing page. My complaint is: what? Why show me the purchasing page again when I still have an active subscription?

From above test you can see that Emerald is not working in a friendly way.

Hope the developers will improve it and fix these issues.

Thank you.

Last Modified: 17 Nov 2016

baijianpeng VIP
16 Nov 2016 15:11

Please allow me to summarize my point in above post:

When a non-login user requests a restricted resource (downloading a file, reading full-article, watching video), he will be bring to the login form by Emerald. Then, after login in, if he really has active subscription (means he has full permission to that resource he requested before login), then he will be re-directed to that resource page IMMEDIATELY by Emerald: to start download file, or to show full article, or to start to play the video.

Do NOT let the login-in user to see the plan purchasing page again when he really has FULL permission to that resource he had requested.

Thank you.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
16 Nov 2016 17:16

just out of curiosity...

I did not translate your site, but it seems are you selling subscriptions to download other 3rd-party "commercial" extensions and templates?!? Even Emerald itself?!?

baijianpeng VIP
17 Nov 2016 05:06

I do not "sell" them. I own "developer membership" of those commercial ones (including Emerald), so I need to find an easy way to provide product updates to my clients.

All those commercial products allow "developer membership" subscribers to use those products on client's website.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
17 Nov 2016 07:05

I've added some changes. It was ment to work the way you said. But there were some codes that could in some cases cancel redirection to first accessed page. Let's see if it will work in next version.