baijianpeng VIP
Total posts: 239
05 Jul 2016 22:41

When setting up the Payment Gateway at frontend of Emerald, the first field on that Tab is "Message to show gateways buttons", the default value of this field is:

This is very secure payment

If I just delete this default value and leave it blank, after save, it will be filled again with this default value.

It seems that Emerald does NOT allow empty value for this field.

Why?

What if I really DO NOT want to show anything for this field?

And, if I choose to show it, this message will be shown BESIDE the payment buttons, in the same line. I would like to prefer to see it shown ABOVE those buttons, in an individual different line.

Thank you.

Last Modified: 08 Jul 2016

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
06 Jul 2016 01:14

Hello baijianpeng, I agree. The output is a plain text without any markup or classes. Also found no language CONSTANT...

However, you can customize it to your liking:

For a multi-language site you might create a language override/new CONSTANT e.g. EM_MSGPAYMENTBUTTON
Language constants can contain HTML markup. So you could wrap the constant's VALUE in a heading, paragraph or a span with a certain CSS class.

For a single language site, you might enter the HTML-tags and your message directly:
em_msg_before_payment_btn

For instance a paragraph or heading is a block element! Your message will get its own line and appears above the payment buttons:
em_msg_before_payment_btn_block

To remove the current text, you can also enter empty tags without a message <p></p>
or use a simple line-break <br>

em_msg_before_payment_btn_empty

Hope this helps.

baijianpeng VIP
Total posts: 239
06 Jul 2016 01:23

Thank you! The BR tag trick is good! I will use it.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
08 Jul 2016 01:13

baijianpeng Thank you! The BR tag trick is good! I will use it.

BTW, a simple space/blank character does also work ;)

em_msg_before_payment_btn_space_blank