baijianpeng VIP
Total posts: 239
06 Dec 2015 15:03

hi,

I noticed that Emerald has some email templates for notification mails. However, these email templates can only be edited on the settings page.

In my eyes, oftenly, those emails can be used by many website with very little modifications.

So, why not put the default email templates into the language file? Then, let Emerald load the default email template from language file. When the Site Admin went to the settings page and modified one of those email templates, then his modified version will be stored into the DB table of Emerald and override the one in the language file.

Thank you.

Last Modified: 26 Aug 2022

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
07 Dec 2015 10:49

Emerald send email based on plan parameters. But if it is empty it can send email key. It looks something like this GENERAL_ALERT_SUCCESS. Empty success email body parameter and add GENERAL_ALERT_SUCCESS to language overrides to use language constant.

baijianpeng VIP
07 Dec 2015 14:25

Maybe you did not understand my suggestion. The email template I was talking is the one that when "Add a new plan", then on the "payment gateway" tab, there will automatically fill some words in the email box. Both the "admin email" and the "user email".

Can these email templates being moved to language files too?

Thank you.

Sergey
07 Dec 2015 14:31

On the gateway tab? I am confused. PLease, make a screenshot and highlight. I cannot get it.

baijianpeng VIP
07 Dec 2015 15:08

Sorry, I should give you precise description. I mean the email template for "offline payment gateway" .

Sergey
09 Dec 2015 07:38

I added so that this message passed through JText so you can use language keys there.

baijianpeng VIP
09 Dec 2015 12:48

Thank you !

killersmile
Total posts: 121
26 Aug 2022 12:37

Great site i love it keep posting more! Click here