shihs VIP
Total posts: 5
23 Jan 2013 15:19

hi

i want to know if i can make a relation between two types with an extra value

for example:

if i have two types one type for movies and one type for an actress

i want to be able to the role of the actress in this specific movie while selecting it

like in imdb.com

i asked this question before form a long time

the reason i am re-asking this question is that i have a big site built with mighty resource and i want to move it to joomla 2.5 or 3.0

i know now that it is hard to move it to cobalt as well as moving it zoo

but i prefer to move it cobalt as i know the support is great you never failed me with mighty resource

this option is available in zoo through 3rd partner called zoo-lander

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
23 Jan 2013 17:29

if i have two types one type for movies and one type for an actress

i want to be able to the role of the actress in this specific movie while selecting it

Hussein,

why not create another TYPE "Character", which holds the role (Title = Name of Character) and the actor (relation field). When the actor plays the same role again, you dont need to create it again.

Example :

John McClane --> Bruce Willis in

DIe Hard

DIe Hard 2

Die Hard: With a Vengeance

Live Free or Die Hard

A Good Day to Die Hard

Then you can add also more information to the Role/character like

John McClane, Male, Irish-American, born on the 11th of August 1957 New York City, New York, United States. John McClane works as detective lieutenant with the New York City Police Department. He was married to Holly Gennero McClane whom he divorced later and has two Children with, John McClane, Jr. & Lucy McClane.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
23 Jan 2013 23:22

To me this is great idea. So characters are children or actors? What about James Bond? There are few actors who had played it. Then we have to see list of actos who plaid this character. So it is many-to-many or allow multiple parents.

Summary

In the movie I see the list of characters and who played them.

PS.

1. It will require few levels of parents/children as discussed earlier.

2. Movie character may show all people who plaid it not only in current movie. That may also create problem.

shihs VIP
24 Jan 2013 03:07

thanks Sackgesicht & Sergey Romanov

it is a good idea but i don't think it will work with me as the case of repeated role is very rare and this will increase the no. of content because for every movie i will about 10-15 role only one maybe used in anther movie

i hope to find an answer soon as i need to decide which way i will take to upgrade to joomla 2.5

Sergey
24 Jan 2013 07:52

Right now there is no relation tagging. So do not harry to update. Let me first think how to implement it the right way.

shihs VIP
10 Mar 2013 11:09

any thing new in this subject

Sergey
11 Mar 2013 01:26

Not yet. We have very long list of todos where relation tagging is not a priority.