daviddemarchi
Total posts: 8
12 May 2018 00:53

Hello Im new to this and wishing to buy but as far as many component wont have this fuction im more like aswering first. Already checked the forum but didnt see any solution.

is there a way to show a certain menu to a certain membership? Meaning in example:

MEMBERSHIP A will see MENU_A, but wont see MENU_B MEMBERSHIP B will see MENU_B and may MENU_C but wont see MENU_A

Thank you so much in adavance for this!

Last Modified: 16 May 2018

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
14 May 2018 02:06

Hello daviddemarchi, actually you can retrict anything with Emerald. It works quite universal because of checking the URL parts. Hence, it does not mean that it automatically hides restricted areas and elements. It just prevents the access and redirects.

If you really want to hide something... most likely you have to setup proper Joomla usergroups/ACL settings. Then select your ACL in the respective menu item parameters. ACL is meant for show/hide.

Additionally you would have to use this Emerald action to change the usergroup dynamically.

Hope this helps.

daviddemarchi
14 May 2018 18:59

Thank you so much for your quick response, the point here is im and old user of OSE memebership and com_menu control is an easy way to restrict what users may see without all the ACL confusing thing for many of us (no coder no nothing but click person) The other thing sometime you put in menu components and modules but no articles. I have read in the home page that Emerald was the most complete memebership comonent and that developer have evaluate many other components and include a lot of their functionality into this one. i Thoug com_menu would be one and as far as im really new to the component and being evaluating to buy i've got confused on how, documentation is not very into deep, i wasn't able to find how to restric and article brackets but not even see and example of how to use them so im a little messy and thats why i have asked here about this.

Thank you so much. Regards. David

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
15 May 2018 05:05

daviddemarchi I have read in the home page that Emerald was the most complete memebership comonent and that developer have evaluate many other components and include a lot of their functionality into this one.

That is right. And the reason for that is how it works. I mean you cannot expect Emerald to do same as OSE and be better. It will be atleast the same in that case. Emerald has a unique aproach.

I have to mention that you do not want to controll your menu. If you hide one of the menu elements it is not yet protection. If user get direct link what will happen? If you restrict based on Itemid then by changing Itemid you can gain an access. If you restrict whole URL, then you can add anything extra and get an access. Or if you want to make sure there is no access, you have to write small integration for every extension.

The way OSE handles it is not pritty. I am sorry to tel that.

In Emerald if you want to hide menu element you can use access level. In this case Emerald does not interfere with algorithm what to show. And to restrict access to those URLs if user have direct link, you can use rules.

I know it is something you are not used to, but when you get used to Emerald aproach you will see why Emerald is better than any other subscription extension.

daviddemarchi
15 May 2018 16:29

Dear Sergey, thank for your quick response. I have no doubt about what you say and may be I didnt put it clear. my intention never was to be meant or ruda at all. I do got your point on that you are the the more flexible component on market so i have no doubt about it. I was just asking because I am really NEW and my only experience on this is OSE.

Thank you so much Regards, David

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
16 May 2018 11:37

David,

I am sorry that you felt like I am offended or defensive. No, no no... It is not like this. I was never though you are rude or mean. It is just the style of expressing things. I am fine :) And I was not think of you anytihgn but good :)