Total posts: 128
11 Sep 2013 23:10

Hi everyone!

I want to create specific website with images. For example:

http://elohell.net/

http://www.fun2video.com/

And so on...

I use field gallery, but I have few problems:

1) In every configuration image have popup mode, but in website like this, it just an image without popup.

How to disable this?

2) I have to show various configuration like Top10 Images, Random Images, Waiting Room and Archive Images.

How to do this?

3) Even if I do it, it's problem with URL. I mean if I create main position menu called "Waiting Room" and I create second menu position called "Main images", the second position menu takes pictures of the first position menu.

I hope you understand what I mean at this point.

I really hope that you help with my problems.

Of course I accept all hacks, modification with source code and another way to get what I want.

Thanks of advance!

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
12 Sep 2013 01:49

1) there is a special parameter

2) I have to show various configuration like Top10 Images, Random Images, Waiting Room and Archive Images.

How to do this?

With help of records module. Next version or gallery released today field will contain articles list template for gallery to be shown in module. Follow news on our site for more details. But unfortunately only for Cobalt 8.

For archived, I would not use it in Cobalt.

Anyway with Cobalt 7 you can only do it with custom templates.

How to do this?

3) Even if I do it, it's problem with URL. I mean if I create main position menu called "Waiting Room" and I create second menu position called "Main images", the second position menu takes pictures of the first position menu.

I hope you understand what I mean at this point.

I think you need to use field status. And prefiltered links. SO you can show all articles of ststus "Pending" or "Approved"

Another way is to use categories. And allow user to submit articles only into waiting room category and then move it manually or use status field to move it on status changed.

Sergey
12 Sep 2013 01:50

1) I completely overlooked you have Cobalt 7. There are no such parameters. I think you will have to create custom field template. read docs.

http://docs.mintjoomla.com/en/cobalt/custom-templates-fields/

Tuszu VIP
12 Sep 2013 11:24

Thanks Sergey for your reply!

1) Yes, I have Cobalt 7. How to change field parameter? Where is it in Cobalt 7?

And the path can't find the path "templates/[template_name]/(...)" - what template do you mean?

2) I have Record Module, but how to display entries only from the selected category?

Sergey
13 Sep 2013 08:55

2) I have Record Module, but how to display entries only from the selected category?

There should be parameter to enter category ID manually in records module. Or few IDs separated by coma.

1) Yes, I have Cobalt 7. How to change field parameter? Where is it in Cobalt 7?

I am sorry I first answered and only then discovered that you use Cobalt 7. With Cobalt 7 you have what you have. I am sorry.

And the path can't find the path "templates/[template_name]/(...)" - what template do you mean?

I mean Joomla template like beez5

Tuszu VIP
13 Sep 2013 20:55

1) OK. It's mean that I can override template field when I upload new files in "templates/[template_name]/(...)". Right?

How can I copy template field like gallery?

2) I attach what I have in Cobalt Module Record. I can't see category ID. Where is it?

Sergey
15 Sep 2013 02:29

1) OK. It's mean that I can override template field when I upload new files in "templates/[template_name]/(...)". Right?

No you always can use it.

Answered in another topic. Read about field templates concept here'

http://docs.mintjoomla.com/en/cobalt/custom-templates-fields/

2) I attach what I have in Cobalt Module Record. I can't see category ID. Where is it?

I apologize, I did not work with Cobalt 7 for long time and I start to forget what it has and what not. I probably missed that with Cobalt 8 records module.