Tuszu VIP
Total posts: 128
10 Sep 2013 22:21

Hi everyone!

I create new page on Joomla and download and install newest Cobalt extensions. But I have a problem with few things:

1) Why gallery field doesn't work with my own templates? And works only on official beez5 templates? What I miss with create my own template?

What is need to attach, that the gallery field work?

2) With new version of Cobalt in menu disappear "Additional menu", when I choose show archive entry on unarchive entry. Why?

How can I restore this option?

I will very happy, when you help solve my problem.

If you need some information from me, just let me inform about it.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
11 Sep 2013 00:25

1) Why gallery field doesn't work with my own templates? And works only on official beez5 templates? What I miss with create my own template?

Depends on what is not working. If you at least attach screenshot and demonstrate what you mean by "not working" would be much easier to help.

2) With new version of Cobalt in menu disappear "Additional menu", when I choose show archive entry on unarchive entry. Why?

How can I restore this option?

Try to recreate a link. Archive/Unarchived function is not really working now.

Tuszu VIP
11 Sep 2013 09:50

So, how can I show my users the archive entries?

Sergey
12 Sep 2013 01:37

i do тещ see any difference. Could you make screenshot and highlight parts that you think are not right?

So, how can I show my users the archive entries?

There is no way currently. Only like you do it now. And will not be able to change anything in Cobalt 7.

Tuszu VIP
12 Sep 2013 11:01

Hi!

I solve the problem with not working template. I just add to template information about jQuery. And this information was duplicate, because Cobalt add his own info about jQuery.

Why archives are not working now?

It's very useful option. I have website with old version of Cobalt (7.9511), where I can set the in the menu position option called "Additional settings" and option "Show Archived Records.

Why you delete this option in newest version?

Sergey
13 Sep 2013 08:43

I do not think we deleted it in CObalt 7. Only in Cobalt 8 because it is not working properly anyway.

Tuszu VIP
13 Sep 2013 21:44

OK. So you delete archives entry in Cobalt 8, because it is not working properly, right?

And at Cobalt 7 archive is still working?

I'm sorry, but I don't understand. :S

Sergey
15 Sep 2013 02:48

In Cobalt 8 we deleted URL parameter.

In CObalt 7 it is there but it is not working as expected. I mean it is half working feature.

Tuszu VIP
15 Sep 2013 04:46

Yep, I understand.

So, why you do not fix archive in Cobalt 7?

Sergey
16 Sep 2013 07:50

So, why you do not fix archive in Cobalt 7?

Because this is not the bug. Archive is not well designed. It is not matter of fix. We would have to implement it. And we stopped add new features.

You see archives can be implemented differently. As filter or as view_what. Both ways have pros and cons. First we have to decide what will the best fit and then implement. I afraid archive will not be implemented even in Cobalt 8 but only in 9.