clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
26 Nov 2013 07:21

Very sorry if not clear i'm am looking for how displaying record or relation field inside record modules.

exemple :

i have a record about call of duty (the video games) module could display : call of duty black ops, call of duty ghosr, etc AND others games from Infiny wars or activition

Any idea ?

thank you very much

Last Modified: 03 Sep 2015

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
26 Nov 2013 09:52

Did you already setup the article and fields?
Do you use Relations-field for out-sourcing the publisher or the creator?

Module

Records module does not have any special relation parameters (see updated info below),
neither a smart connection to the current full article view :( Although it even allows to show child-record values. But it simply lacks a "smart" mode, to recognize the full-view context. Which might than filter the list by the current recordID...
(maybe a good idea/request!)

Module / updated infos

Over time, the Records module got more parameters and options. Here is a current screenshot of the latest module:

cob_mod_records_general_parameters

Field

The Records-field works specifically in full-view context. Maybe a drawback: You would have to place and style it in a certain way. I mean, if you want to mimic a certain module position and appearance. CSS is the minimum requirement, or you can use a custom template with special field position.

The Records-field has a different parameter set for dynamic relations. There are also pre-build queries for What to show. For instance:

• Articles with the same tags
  • Articles with same field-value
  • Search in specific type/section (might be out-sourced vendor or studio)
  • Restrict to same category (might be game genre, platform etc.)
  • etc.

cob_field_records_parameters_specific

• EDIT: Added screenshots, updated infos and text formatting

clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
02 Sep 2015 09:17

hello thank you for your mail I have had use several customs modules to manage that :-(

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
03 Sep 2015 03:22

clowride I have had use several customs modules to manage that :-(

Salut! Sorry to hear that.

PS: The topic is quite old, but I think you should have been able to reach your goal with "Records field". Hence similar Tags and Field value. Most likely you would have to create a custom full-view template to position the infos.