clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
14 Oct 2013 06:56

hello

please how can i add a link (to advanced search) in my filter module please ?

thank you

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
14 Oct 2013 19:01

Are you talking of the separate "Filters" Module"?

http://www.mintjoomla.com/downloads/item/13-modules/173-module-filters.html

You can't create a direct MenuItem link. In general, Joomla does not provide links to modules... but you can mimic this behavior easily:

A.) Article plus assigned Module - Create a companion J! article or even a single Cobalt article - Create a respective Article MenuItem (you got your URL ;-) ) - Assign your Filters Module to a suitable position - Show module on your previously crated Article menuitem

If you don't want a visible menuitem for this link for any reason... you may hide it with the well-known "hidden menu trick".

Tip: The fake/dummie article could also serve as an intro, description or heading for the advanced search.

B.) Article + LoadModule

Similar approach to A. Just load the Filters-Module right inside the article. This way, you do not have to assign the module to the menuitem. You might use core loadmodule or NoNumbers ModulesAnywhere.

C.) Convert your Module into a Component view - M2C-Module to Component (JED)

clowride VIP
15 Oct 2013 09:55

yes i have more search filters in list view but it is not very user friendly then i would like to have an advance search button in module filter thank you again :)

clowride VIP
15 Oct 2013 11:48

So, you show less filters in module ... and want to link to list-view with more filters? Then simply add a link into your filters module template. i.e. a button with URL to your section menuitem (plus correct ItemID).

thnak you , yes and do you know how i can add link into my filters module template please ?

thank you

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
15 Oct 2013 11:51

Or do you want that "collapse/expand" feature in your module ? Like the ususal behavior in list-view.

The collapse effect is a "bootstrap" feature. You can find the respective code lines in the default markup template. Search for "filter-collapse". Actually pretty simple if you understand basic code syntax and bootstrap accordion feature. There are only three occurrences: 1 surrounding DIV with #ID filter-collapse, and 2 simple links with data-toggle=collapse. Actually only 1 toggle is needed.

The basic module layout:

--- your minimum initial filters... ---

filter1

filter2

filter3

--- toggle button ---

------ DIV filter-collapse start ------

filter10

filter11

filter12

------ DIV filter-collapse end ------

clowride VIP