pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
07 Mar 2012 10:17

Is there any sync or feature in Emerald, that assigns J! usergroups?

I am curious about it, because it might come in handy, if other extensions make use of these usergroups (i.e. grant special access and rights). So, there is no need to restrict everything twice. If Emerald does assign a J! usergroup based on a subscription plan... all other extensions with this group will automaticly benefit from it.

Did you get the idea?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

07 Mar 2012 23:34

Emerald like Mighty Membership can assign usergroup for user (Change User group is available in the Advamced mode). Is it what you mean?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
07 Mar 2012 23:36

But we will advance this feature with next release.

pepperstreet VIP
07 May 2012 15:11

BTW, doesn´t it make sense to change the whole concept of "virtual usergroups" ? I am sure, with J15 it was crucial and nessecary to think in this term, and expand the very limited access level situation. But with J25 new ACL and groups, there are no limitations. In short: Isn´t it enough to build-upon the Joomla groups and ACL? Assign and revoke users by subscription plan?

Example: When I look into the Cobalt - Emerald integration and restriction parameters, it looks like two different solutions are doing almost the same...

Please, correct me if I am wrong here, or I missed something obvious.

Sergey
07 May 2012 19:23

Isn´t it enough to build-upon the Joomla groups and ACL? Assign and revoke users by subscription plan?

It could be if every single extension totally support it. But since there are a lot of extensions that are not yet integrated wit Joomla 2.5 ACL, we still need way to protect it.

ogdawodu
Total posts: 8
06 Nov 2013 09:23

I need a short tutorial on emerald, i am a newbie and want to auto assign users to Jgroups.

pepperstreet VIP
06 Nov 2013 10:00

I need a short tutorial on emerald, i am a newbie and want to auto assign users to Jgroups.

Emerald v8 is limited in this regard. Caution: This is an advanced hidden feature! You can only assign a new ACL on a plan subscription. You cannot revoke it on expiration!

(maybe possible by custom programming and modification, alterantively you should have a look at J!3.x and Emerald9)

In Emerald 8 this feature is hidden by default. You can enable it here:

• Goto Emerald8 -> Options

• Enable Developer Mode

• Goto your respective Subscription-Plan -> Properties

You will find a new parameter!

Heads-Up:

ogdawodu
07 Nov 2013 04:54

I have done this but also need to understand what Emerald 9 and J3! offers differently. I will have a chance to change the website early next year.

ogdawodu
07 Nov 2013 05:28

Also, once I've done the above on J2.5! do i need to switch back to Standard Mode or remain in Developer Mode?

Sergey
07 Nov 2013 06:48

Also, once I've done the above on J2.5! do i need to switch back to Standard Mode or remain in Developer Mode?

Remain

I have done this but also need to understand what Emerald 9 and J3! offers differently. I will have a chance to change the website early next year.

it does everything differently. It is ground up new extension. It handles group move smartly. Emerald 8 only move user to group on success but does not move out when subscription expired.

Emerald 9 move to and from. It also analyze all other subscriptions and see what user groups are available for this user. FOr example user purchased plan and moved to group a then he purchased another plan which also move to group A. Then first plan expired, user will remain in group A untill second plan expires.

pepperstreet VIP
07 Nov 2013 08:52

FOr example user purchased plan and moved to group a then he purchased another plan which also move to group A. Then first plan expired, user will remain in group A untill second plan expires.

Smart! Nice feature.