pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
31 May 2013 02:28

Hello, just a quick test with some sample plans and usual subscription workflow.

Grant a plan to existing users does work. On after submitting username and pass, the user gets a success message. But he is not logged-in !?

This is very confusing the average user, IMHO. It looks and feels like an error.

**Does it have to be a double login procedure? Why is this?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

pepperstreet VIP
31 May 2013 02:34

BTW, there is the following global options parameter: "Show login form on Subcriptions page"

Does it have any impact on the display in the first screenshot?

I tried both settings YES/NO. I can see no effect. Also the usual Subscription-Plans menu item does not change. It lists all selected plans. What does this parameter do?

Konstantin
Total posts: 1,113
31 May 2013 05:27

Hmm, yes its bug, we will fix this.

pepperstreet VIP
31 May 2013 08:26

Un-Registered guest workflow and display.

After visiting the Subscriptions/Plans page and selecting a plan... he is presented the following page:

Technically it might be o.k., but user experience is bad, IMHO.

The message content is also confusing. We/Emerald already knows that the user is new. Its un-necessary to tell him to login. And its un-necessary to talk about access restricted area. Only the last sentence is suitable for guests/new users.

I know, it is possible that both user types get onto this page: - its a guest / un-registered user - registered user, who wants to buy an additional plan

So, it is tricky to present a page content, a message and login for both user categories... which is easy to understand ;-)

My conclusion:

This page must be customizable or it must be a re-direct to a certain J!/Cobalt article. A login module can be added easily with "loadmodule" plugin.

AFAIK, there is no setting or re-direct for this purpose. At least I can't find something suitable.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
03 Jun 2013 06:15

Agree. But will be changed only in Em9