pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
10 Feb 2014 08:54

Hello, just curious how to setup and expose plan variants i.e.:

There is a set of full-price subscriptions, and there is a reduced price version of each plan. What is the most effective and easy way to do this? All plans parameters, restrictions are the same, but I want the user to select a reduced price version, if he is a student or without income etc.

Is there any advice or trick to set this up?

Or do I have to make many copies of a base plan. Which would be o.k. for different rules and actions per plan, but this is currently not a demand. Although..., it might be helpful to assign a certain usergroup/ACL for a student, if he selected a reduced plan. Or I could set a certain CB field value, to mark a user type or its status.

Visual layout:

There is also a question in UX. Since there will be a lot of (similar) plans, the users might get confused by the amount. Too many options and repeated plans might confuse the average user. How to get a clean plans page for this?

(PS: Certainly, this type of subscription needs further manual actions. In general, this "student/special" status has to be checked by an admin, and the student has to upload a file or scan as an evidence etc.)

Last Modified: 11 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
11 Feb 2014 05:29

May be STUDENT coupon?

pepperstreet VIP
11 Feb 2014 05:53

What if a Student status is not verified... is it possible to revoke the coupon for that particular user later on? So, he gets a normal subscription and price.

pepperstreet VIP
11 Feb 2014 05:58

You know, clients often change their mind ;-)

What if I need special "Student" plans with special restrictions. How would I distinguish between those coupon-users and normal users. Is it possible to batch-move users from one plan to another... or re-assign plans.

Sergey
11 Feb 2014 07:35

What if a Student status is not verified... is it possible to revoke the coupon for that particular user later on? So, he gets a normal subscription and price.

After it is purchased? I am not sure.

Let's say it is not a coupn but plan option. How you would verify students?

I think it is no different. I would simply place a link "Request Student coupon". And I would open a page with instruction to request a coupon code, and attach skan of international student ticket. So you confirm and create coupon that may be used only once or only by particular user.

pepperstreet VIP
11 Feb 2014 08:52

So, it would be nice to use the 1 coupon for many users. I see a parameter for multiple user ID#s. So, the admin could add each verified user.

Is it possible to trigger this from outside of Emerald? I mean, is it possible to a user's ID to that coupon parameter? I am thinking of a Custom-SQL-query in "CB" to add a userID.

Sergey
11 Feb 2014 09:19

Or does it make it in-valid for the previous users that used it already?

No it should not do it invalid. You can change price I think.

pepperstreet VIP
11 Mar 2014 22:50

Thanks for your thoughts and help. (You may close this topic)

Replay Topic
Uploading
Click here to upload and insert file from you hard drive: (png, gif, jpg, jpeg, zip, txt, rar)