pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
22 Aug 2013 14:31

(Already mentioned in this E8 topic)

It would be nice to have a sort of invoice or receipt for payments. I know, online payments may produce a PDF or email, but they may have a crytic description or format. A customizable layout which suits the site and content is much better. Also there is Offline or Bank transfer, which does not produce any written evidence or receipt. i.e. local sports-club membership or optional products/plans.

Possible formats: - PDF (needs PDF lib/creator) - Custom page for print (Component View?)

Possible solutions: - re-incarnate Mighty Invoice/Bill ? - integrating existing extensions like... :

A.)JoomlaThat Invoices! (now called Invoice Manager)

B.) HeadsUp: There is another another InvoiceManager with the same name/title.

C.) ccInvoices

The JoomlaThat and ChillCreations products look pretty good. Maybe you can collaborate with them? Bundle or Discount price with Emerald and/or Cobalt etc. ;-)

ChillCreations seems to have an extendable [PLACEHOLDER] template system. Maybe interesting to have Cobalt fields or Emerald Plan infos there as well.

Thanks for listening.

EDIT:

BTW, i am aware of the many different requirements in different countries, different needs and laws. In general, I am speaking of a simple common format as a starting point. A solid basis that might be extended for any special need. Would be nice, if the system allows customization or add-ons i.e. digital signed PDF.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
27 Aug 2013 01:32

we are working on this. This will be added in Emerald 9.

stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
28 Aug 2013 10:18

This subject is always a bit difuse... i'm saying this because it's somehow linked to each country tax laws.

For example, in my country (Portugal) we are obbligated to use certified software (certified by the finance ministry) to issue invoices. This certified software has to create a file called SAFT which has information about the suppliers, clients, transactions made, etc etc etc and be sent to the ministry of finance so that they can cross-check transactions and detect frauds using software.

So if i issue invoices with Emerald i'm screwed. I believe many countries are not like mine (fortunatly) so there isn't this problem.

But if i use my certified software to issue an invoice to pdf and Emerald would allow me to attach to a client (so that he can download it) that would be great.

Sergey
29 Aug 2013 11:09

We are invented new unique system where every user will get invoice with his own tax.

Shortly:

You sell plan for 100 USD. That is it. This is how much you receive and you do not care any tax.

user who is trying to get invoice can set tax name and tax %. Let's say I am from Russia and I need to pay VAT 17%. After i enter this I get invoice

Plan A - 83 USD

VAT - 17 USD

Total 100 USD

If I am from other country and I enter 5%

Plan A - 95 USD

VAT - 5 USD

Total 100 USD

But note Invoice is only piece of paper. There is no tax stored separately in DB. You can change as you want on the fly. You can create exporter with wil create SAFT files for every sale with data you need and taxes and other things you need.

What I mean that when user Pays you 100 USD for subscription, you do not tell user that 20 USD of that amount is a tax. And that is ok. It is not necessary unless user need an invoice. And you may then recalculate total to every tax.

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
29 Aug 2013 11:21

@pepperstreet

Department of Finance and SAFT reminds me on this

Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
20 Oct 2013 00:25

I am not allowed to sell subscriptions without an invoice or receipt for payments in Australia.

So I guess I have to wait until the new system is ready.....

29 Nov 2013 03:57

Hello

I'm also waiting the new system. I'd like know at what time invoice feature will be available for offline paiement.

Sergey
13 Jan 2014 06:57

We are working on invoice system. But we know very little about international invoice standards. Any input on this topic will be highly appreciated.

stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
13 Jan 2014 10:15

Well, here in Portugal as i already mentioned is based on the SAFT file, a XML file.

Any document, to be considered Invoice, has to be issued by software certified by the Finance Minister.

Below 100 € it can be printed without any tax payer ID

From 100 - 1000 € the tax payer ID is Mandatory!

Over 1000 € must have Tax payer ID and complete information (name of company or person and address)

Don't know if other countries are using the SAFT file to prevent frauds.

The killer-solution would be a bridge between Emerald and Invoice Software, but that can be very complicated because each software has its own API.

But if Emerald has an API which can work with, it could be a start.

klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
13 Feb 2014 04:19

Plan A - 83 USD

VAT - 17 USD

Total 100 USD

Shouldn't this be if plan without VAT is 100 USD:

Plan A: 100 USD

VAT - 17 USD

Total 117 USD

You pay VAT to country so why substract it from original price?

In my country you have this possibilities:

If you sold for more than 50000€ you have to be included in VAT system. If you sold less you don't have to be. If you are included in VAT you have to add tax to ALL your invoices. If you are not included in VAT you have to add tax only to invoices issued to individual persons (and not companies).

My question regarding this is...Can I somehow have 2 possibilities to print invoices? One with tax if user is an individual and one without if user is company. And I don't want for users to be able to select this themselves. It has to based on user group or something.

Sergey
14 Feb 2014 01:40

There is also rule if you sell for export you do not pay VAT even if you exceed 50 000.

You pay VAT to country so why subtract it from original price?

Because you do not want your price be unpredictable. So you say one month is $50. That is it. no matter what country you pay this price. And you just form this price taking in account possible taxes. For example in US it goes up to 35% in some states. So will you plan cost $67 for them?

What I mean user see price $50 but at the end it turn out to be $60.

So my experience in the web if I ever purchase subscription, no matter if I need invoice or not, is subscription say $50, it means $50.

You pay VAT to country so why subtract it from original price?

Can I somehow have 2 possibilities to print invoices? One with tax if user is an individual and one without if user is company. And I don't want for users to be able to select this themselves. It has to based on user group or something.

I think you can do this in custom invoice template. Leave it the save for individuals and change for companies.

pepperstreet VIP
14 Feb 2014 09:44

And I don't want for users to be able to select this themselves. It has to based on user group or something.

I remember my own online purchases…

I am often asked for MY VAT ID#.

There is an input field for the #. If do not enter a correct # according to my country…

I don´t get the exposed VAT value!

Is that an option that should be implemented?

Sergey
16 Feb 2014 08:32

Is that an option that should be implemented?

If you do not need invoice it is up to you. You enter wrong TAX id what seller can do about that?

Sergey
16 Feb 2014 23:08

How can I check the format? It is different for every country. Some pure digits some 10 some 5 digits, some allo letters and so on.

klox7 VIP
17 Feb 2014 03:54

We are working on invoice system. But we know very little about international invoice standards. Any input on this topic will be highly appreciated.

After checking with my accountant this is the thing for Slovenia (EU). If you are selling your services outside your country you have to be included in VAT system, otherwise not. If you send invoice to foreign company that IS also included in VAT system you don't add VAT to your invoice. If you sell to foreign company that is NOT included in VAT system or to individual person or to company inside my country than VAT is always added.

So will you plan cost $67 for them?

For Slovenia there is always (for this kind of services) 22% added TAX. It doesn't matter to whom (which country) I send invoice (well, I'm talking here about EU). But to go back, yes, I think if plan is 50$ than that's it! Everybody should pay 50$ and to this price you add TAX value.

Yeah, you could say TAX is not included.

So my experience in the web if I ever purchase subscription, no matter if I need invoice or not, is subscription say $50, it means $50.

I had many occasions where I had to pay extra TAX to price.

Sergey
17 Feb 2014 06:05

So what we will decide finally?

klox7 VIP
19 Feb 2014 04:09

I really don't know. I'm lost with this one.

Maybe a parameter in configuration to add some "general" tax. This "general" tax can be overriden by Taxes (for specific countries). Then when adding information for your invoice you have Tax ID input and you check this ID with some kind of external service (VIES?). If it's ok than tax is not added and if it's not ok then tax is added.

You could split input in 2 parts, one for country code (SI, ES, GB,...) and one for numbers. I think if there is country code in front then that kind of company is included in VAT and so VAT is not calculated.

pepperstreet VIP
19 Feb 2014 08:26

How can I check the format? It is different for every country. Some pure digits some 10 some 5 digits, some allo letters and so on.

RegEx ? like mentioned in this stackideas topic.

Sergey
19 Feb 2014 22:24

If you add tax without country that one will apply to all invoices.

You could split input in 2 parts, one for country code (SI, ES, GB,...) and one for numbers.

But person enters country it is enough.

You could split input in 2 parts, one for country code (SI, ES, GB,...) and one for numbers.

Then when adding information for your invoice you have Tax ID input and you check this ID with some kind of external service (VIES?). If it's ok than tax is not added and if it's not ok then tax is added.

Why we do not need to apply tax if it is VEIS verified?

klox7 VIP
20 Feb 2014 06:55

Why we do not need to apply tax if it is VEIS verified?

Well, this what my friends and my accountant said when talking to them this weekend. I think VIES just verifys if company is included in VAT system (it has proper VAT number. ex. SI12345678). And if company that I'm selling to is a foreign company and in VAT system (VIES verified) then I don't add TAX to it. Same thing happened when I went to Italy to buy something and they asked for my VAT number. They checked it and because I'm not VAT registered they added TAX to my invoice, otherwise they would not add it.

I don't know exactly why it's like that so I'm waiting for official response from my country Tax Administration Office. Will let you know when I get it.

Maybe someone else from other coutries can share their practice.

klox7 VIP
20 Feb 2014 07:03

Acctually (again talking for Slovenia), if you are included in VAT system you have to have country code in front of number (ex. SI12345678) and if you are not included in VAT system you don't add country code in front.

If you add tax without country that one will apply to all invoices.

Aha, thank you. Didn't see "Any country" select option.