pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
15 Aug 2012 17:53

I am impressed by the bing map iso-metric view (bird's view?). Really amazing and way better than the flat top-view in GoogleMaps. Especially for searching houses and real estates!

I don´t know the bing terms-of-use and API... but i hope, it can be integrated like google maps?!

Any chance to have this as an alternative map display in geo-field?

EDIT - Okt 2013:

Still interested in BING MAPS support. GoogleMap has also 45-degree locations, but there seems to be no hint which areas are available. At least I could only find an older listing from 2010. The current Gmap GUI does not help. BING seems to have way more locations... i.e. Hamburg/germany is not available in Gmap, but BING birds view rocks!

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
15 Aug 2012 21:31

Bing? This is big thing! I have to investigate.

Sergey
15 Aug 2012 21:34

No way to find out.

pepperstreet VIP
15 Aug 2012 22:10

Examples:

Bing - bird's view (try for yourself, you can even rotate! the view:

Not sure how much areas of the worldmap have this feature.

Google:

Sergey
15 Aug 2012 23:46

note URL. It is not a map but Bing map API page. I can see map no problem. Who can access this

https://www.microsoft.com/maps/developers/

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
15 Aug 2012 23:59

Btw, the "bird's eye view" from our place is MUCH MUCH better in google maps ... Bing looks lousy here ...

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
16 Aug 2012 00:04

Yes, i can download whatever is there and sent it tonight .. need to go to DOLE now.. if you want to look at it now, maybe Maik can sent it

pepperstreet VIP
16 Aug 2012 02:25

"...One of the best things about building on the Bing Maps Platform is the wide range of API choices. The AJAX Control 7.0 was built from the ground up to be smaller and faster. See it in action with our Interactive SDK. ..."

**Step 1:

**To get started with Bing Maps, you’ll need a Maps Developer Account.

Get an account | View tutorial

**Step 2:

**See the code in action in our Interactive SDK (and download the full SDK here SEE ATTACHMENT!).

**Step 3:

**To keep up-to-date with the latest Bing Maps news, read the Bing Maps Developer Blog. For help from the Bing Maps community, use the Bing Maps Community Forums.

Bing SDK PDF (zipped)

Online Docs Reference?

pepperstreet VIP
16 Aug 2012 02:35

BTW, here is a bing project on JoomlaCode

Sergey
16 Aug 2012 02:55

Any link to microsoft not working. But I think I have enough to investigate

pepperstreet VIP
20 Oct 2013 17:08

Still interested in BING MAPS support. GoogleMap has also 45-degree locations, but there seems to be no hint which areas are available. At least I could only find an older listing from 2010. The current Gmap GUI does not help. BING seems to have way more locations... i.e. Hamburg/germany is not available in Gmap, but BING birds view rocks!

(i am going to re-create this topic for C8/9)