pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
07 Aug 2012 13:21

Recently checked out some event-calendars. Since they serve a particular purpose, have common fields... it seems to be easy to offer common calendar files like .ICS

Is it possible to have something like iCalendar files (.ics) as Cobalt export? Does it need a special field, which collects certain other fields information?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
07 Aug 2012 20:54

Hmmm, you know what? i am starting think on the special plugin based mechanism of exporting lists and articles to different formats.

Right now I have already created support for Joomla update server XML format for articles

Clowride wants JOB XML feed format.

Now you with iCalendar format.

I start definitely think that we need a special layer where we can configure what format to draw list or record. I have to think about this more. because i believe later more and more requests like this will appear and we will have to provide solutions without hacking the core.

13 Nov 2012 11:11

hello,

you have a solution to export the data in excel or pdf?

thanks

Sergey
13 Nov 2012 20:05

In Cobalt 8, there are formaters that displays (or export) articles to following formats: INI, XML, JSON

Regarding PDF you may consider any online service.

http://www.html-to-pdf.net/free-online-pdf-converter.aspx

http://pdfcrowd.com/

It is only first to of 4 800 000 on Google search result. That is because there is no good PDF converter for PHP. Good PDF may be done only on the server through PDF system components/libraries. And even if try to do it with PHP, all good converters are paid and commercial we will not be able to redistribute it.

pepperstreet VIP
13 Nov 2012 21:05

In Cobalt 8, there are formaters that displays (or export) articles to following formats: INI, XML, JSON

Interesting! Is this the already the modular approach? Extendable with other formats? If so, how would you access, call and use these formatters?

Sergey
14 Nov 2012 00:32

Add to any records URL &formatter=json. This is how you call it. If you what all records not only 20 per page $formatter=xml&limit=10000

Every formatter is a separate plugin.

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
14 Nov 2012 00:49

limit=10000

Hope it will not time out with bigger numbers ... :)

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
15 Nov 2012 15:12

No categories, filters,

for the export, it would be good to follow as well the applied filters etc.

See this topic

1) Export the whole Section and

2) Export based on the applied filters

A good approach would be an optional button "Export" in the intro (list table) view, which will follow the displayed list.

The export result could either the displayed value (including applied styling) in HTML or just the core field value.

Sergey
17 Nov 2012 06:20

A good approach would be an optional button "Export" in the intro (list table) view, which will follow the displayed list.

If export is only matter of adding single parameter to current URL would it be good just to keep it for templates. Like you can edit template and add this link wherever?

pepperstreet VIP
22 Feb 2013 15:35

Can we expect an iCal export formatter plugin for C8 ? Should i recreate this topic in C8 ?

pepperstreet VIP
05 Feb 2014 21:09

By Sergey Romanov More than 1 year ago

Yep, you can create plugin to format output to any format possible.

Yep, you can create plugin to format output to any format possible.

I'll add tutorial on release.

Interested in the tutorial ;-)

BTW, should I re-create this topic in C8 section?