pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
14 Apr 2012 12:53

Hello,

please excuse my impatience, but i am longing for a search and filter module. Do you have any loose timeframe or infos? Is it possible to utilize/load the filter and search from the list view? I know you hate redundancy and double coding ;-) Maybe Cobalt is smart and able to include the advanced search in a module...

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Comments have been disabled for this article and works only in read only mode.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
14 Apr 2012 18:53

We did not do it yet. As you said it should b smart. Perhaps advanced search should be the module. Or we have to have filter API that is used by Cobalt and module.

As I mentioned before, we invented many new features into filters. May be you do not see them now because it looks almost like old filtering system but they are there. It almost limitless what you can do with it in template. Ebay style filters. It is when you select one of the filters, it does not show selected filter any more, only warning. I mean it is possible to move warnings to module from article list. And here are meny other possibilities.

That is why we do not hurry with it. We want to do it perfect.

But I think in 1 month we will have it.

clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
15 Apr 2012 03:09

yes i need too

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
04 Aug 2012 17:48

Any news on this?

Just noticed the new backend field parameter for filter template... ;-) I can read "module"...

Sergey
04 Aug 2012 19:34

Yes. That was next phase for limitless filter module possibilities. How we may build this module. We are doing this right now. Hope to release it soon. I know how important it is for almost any project.

30 Aug 2012 11:20

Hope there are going to be any news about it, because, it would be a great feature.

Any news to us?

Sergey
30 Aug 2012 21:08

Any news to us?

Yes. We have passed important step for developing module. We have field filter templates separated to default template and module template. Because usually you want module filter look little bit differ than advanced search filters.

We will release this module together with Cobalt 8