pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
05 Nov 2012 17:05

Hi Sergey, just noticed your comment on DigitalDisseny Bootstrap product page ;-) This topic is not important, just wanted to let you know about a display issue i have found:

I tested a quick parent child setup. If i enable the Twitter bootstrap system plugin, the add children link is floating above the page content. Its sticky and moves with the scrolling page.

Please, see screenshots for an example.

BS plugin enabled:

BS plugin OFF:

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
05 Nov 2012 22:38

I can imagine it is :) In fact you either have to use bootstrap as a base or do not use it. If you just load bootstrap in addition to your unbootstrapped Joomla that will definitely produce errors.

That is why switch to bootstrap become one of the main milestones in Joomla ant took so many efforts to refactor all Joomla outputs to be bootstrapped.

pepperstreet VIP
17 Nov 2012 23:35

Just wanted to let you know...

Similar issue in new RC2 of Joomlart T3 v3 Blank template. Yes, they also included the whole Bootstrap CSS, JS etc.

**Cobalt - Default Section Menu:

The first menu item "options" of a moderator user is truncated and placed on a fixed position...

18 Nov 2012 15:30

I add bootstrap library CSS and js, I have the same issue, first I install jquery plugin to choose in which pages it active (help to mootols bug non conflict) I distinguish the first item on submenu are floating , how I can resolve this?

Sergey
18 Nov 2012 21:09

Please provide me a link to the site with this problem I'll check who to fix it. I am sure it is solved with CSS simply. Like just edit com_cobalt/library/css/stye.css

Sergey
20 Nov 2012 01:29

I have found the reason. It is class modal on the link for user options. In next version I have changed class modal to cob-modal.

But to me if someone whats to use bootstrap, it is senseless to continue use Cobalt default templates. The whole purpose of BS is to advance UI. SO what is the purpose to istall bootstrap, and have templates not formated with bootstrap styles.

To me if one wants BS, he have to refactor all Cobalt templates (like we did for Cobalt 8 :)).

Sergey
20 Nov 2012 02:44

ut isn´t that class mandatory for J! build-in lightbox?

Nope. I can initialise modal windows like this

JHTML::_('behavior.modal', 'a.cob-modal');

22 Nov 2012 16:11

so vwhich class i need to change or what the css code to resolve the "bug"?

thanks

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
22 Nov 2012 17:01

Based on the description of yesterday's build, it was solved with the new installer,

Please try to update your Cobalt installation.

Sergey
25 Nov 2012 21:22

Maik, did you do custom templates?

pepperstreet VIP
26 Nov 2012 03:48

Even worth, the previously mentioned demo menuitem Parents/Childs displays almost blank. Just the section user menu on a white page.

As guest user, the menuitem works. Section list view shows up.

As registered, it shows an almost blank page with the sectionName, description, submission link. Clicking submission link returns to normal template display... but it seems to have no assigned MenuItemID. Just the component view and form.

I tries two setups: - Parents and Childs in different Sections and menu items. - Parents and Childs in one Section, but with SubCats.

26 Nov 2012 07:23

hello,

i update cobalt and its not resolved

thanks

Sergey
26 Nov 2012 21:31

The reason was a modal class on the link.

1. Please inspect misaligned element and see if it has modal class. If yes then may be you use custom template. Edit it and change to cob-modal class.

2. Perhaps it is completely different issue. Please give me a link and I'll have a look.

27 Nov 2012 16:33

yes thanks, i change the class and i add the jhtml code for the "popup".