pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
28 Feb 2017 01:17

Hello, I am curious about the file location of the submit button. All obvious comment views/templates seem to have code for the CORE comments. I could not find a reference for Cobalt TYPES as comment. Where does it happen? Where is the submit button and link generated?

Thanks in advance.

Last Modified: 29 Mar 2017

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
01 Mar 2017 07:10

components/com_cobalt/library/php/comments/cobalt/cobalt.php

pepperstreet VIP
01 Mar 2017 20:56

Sergey components/com_cobalt/library/php/comments/cobalt/cobalt.php

Ah, too bad. Why is it in a "core" file and not part of the templates?

Sergey
15 Mar 2017 11:19

pepperstreet

Sergey components/com_cobalt/library/php/comments/cobalt/cobalt.php

Ah, too bad. Why is it in a "core" file and not part of the templates?

Yes, that would be better. But it is also complicated to create template for every HTML bit Cobalt renders. This is a small thing. I thought may be good HTML layout can give enough flexibility just for CSS editing.

pepperstreet VIP
15 Mar 2017 15:12

Sergey But it is also complicated to create template for every HTML bit Cobalt renders...

Yes, I know its hard to split logic and layout in Joomla ;)

But this one seems somewhat inconsistent. The regular comments seem to have an IF/conditional in the template files...
and I searched that part for a long time, and could not find where the other Comment adapters are called.

There is also the default.php which simply calls the comments right after the record template. First I thought, I would find a "switch" in that file.

BTW, if it is a small piece like a button/link, it could be a jLayout.

Sergey
29 Mar 2017 04:46

pepperstreet BTW, if it is a small piece like a button/link, it could be a jLayout.

JLayout fits perfectly here.

Sergey
29 Mar 2017 06:31

Done.