pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
03 May 2015 01:28

Hello, just did some tests with ReadAlso field and selection from multiple types. I assume I have set the right parameters... but I am not able to choose from different types. The field parameter is labeled Types plus current one. There is a multi-select and I have chosen multiple types. The same user/author has records in these types:

• But the submission form shows records of the current type only?
  • Is it necessary to have the types in 1 section?
  • Does the parameter have any effect/impact at all?

Some other things I've noticed:

• The current record can be selected in mode "PopUp" and "AutoComplete"?! Checkbox and MultiSelect hide the current record.
  • Ordering: I can't keep the manual order from my selection. Why?
  • Ordering: Would be nice to have a drag and drop to change order manually. (like Cobalt fields, Emerald Plans/Groups list)
  • Ordering parameter has a confusing tooltip:
    "Order will work only for Author's and Visitor's lists. In other cases automatic best ordering method will be used"
    Can you explain, please?

Last Modified: 25 May 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
06 May 2015 10:01

pepperstreet Is it necessary to have the types in 1 section?

Yes!

pepperstreet Ordering: I can't keep the manual order from my selection. Why?

There is not manual order in Cobalt at all.

pepperstreet Ordering: Would be nice to have a drag and drop to change order manually. (like Cobalt fields, Emerald Plans/Groups list)

You know since you can place article in many categories, you can applay order per category only. Means that for article 1 it is order 1 in category A and order 4 incategory B.

pepperstreet Ordering parameter has a confusing tooltip:

"Order will work only for Author's and Visitor's lists. In other cases automatic best ordering method will be used"

Can you explain, please?

That was copied from records field. I deleted it in read also field.

pepperstreet VIP
07 May 2015 00:36

Sergey

pepperstreet Is it necessary to have the types in 1 section?

Yes!

Would be nice to cross-link between different sections. Maybe possible in a future release?

Would also make sense to select/link to J! core articles. Or even MenuItems?

pepperstreet Ordering: I can't keep the manual order from my selection. Why?

There is not manual order in Cobalt at all.

Yes, I know. But this seems to be a different case. IMHO, this is not an issue with multi-categories or missing manual order on record level.

It is a multi-value field, or at least it stores an index of the selected records, right? This order is displayed during selection and on the form. Can't we keep this order somehow?

Noticed one issue with links in BOTH directions. For instance:

• Record 1 links to 2 + 3
  • Records 2 and 3 show the link back to 1

But if I remove ALL the links in Record 1...
it seems to keep the back links in Records 2, 3 ?
Shouldn't it remove them? At least after edit and save of Records 2, 3.
I could not get rid of the back link to 1. I have also tried to edit the field in Record 2 + 3.

(or do I miss something important?)

randallw VIP
Total posts: 74
07 May 2015 10:33

pepperstreet it seems to keep the back links in Records 2, 3 ?

Since I'm currently looking at Read Also functionality I thought I would do a quick test and I found back link was removed.

I did notice that I could only see the relationship in edit mode while editing the record where I originally set up the relationship. In "Record 2", the relationship wasn't there for me to edit. I will have to wait until I put it into Live to see if that is a problem.

pepperstreet VIP
07 May 2015 12:05

randallw I found back link was removed

Thanks for testing!

Yesterday, I had a persistent problem in my test installation. Could not get rid of 1 relation and display. Today, I tested again with different authors... from both directions and I can't recreate the issue!? Strange. Solved?

pepperstreet VIP
25 May 2015 03:07

Sergey There is not manual order in Cobalt at all.

Yes, I know... but this seems to be a different case. IMHO, this is not an issue with multi-categories or missing manual order on record level.

This seems to be a multi-value field, or at least it stores an index of the selected records, right? This order is displayed during selection and on the form. The order is a matter of the field values, isn't it?

Can't we keep this order somehow? Maybe even change the order by drag-n-drop before saving the record?