The possibility to mark a user status is a nice addition...
Complaint - customization and limit
The 3 different groups/statuses are logical, but why this fixed pixel icons?
- images are located in a core folder
- the output is a bare img tag after the username
IMHO, pretty hard-coded, almost impossible to customize.
1. Suggestion - custom folder, CSS or webfonts
- at least image selection from custom folder/path
- I expected to find the usual mini-icon selection (like in field-labels)
- output custom HTML-tag and/icon class name. i.e. most likely a span or i-tag which are used by FontAwesome, J! IcoMoon etc.
- optional surround username with definable VIP CSS class (allows different style of username in color/backround etc.)
2. Suggestion - Plan icons
The flexible threshold for gold status is cool and also independent from the actual plans.
What about an icon for each plan? Currently plans have only a HTML description. I have seen the image/icon selector in Emerald GROUPS. This should be available for PLANS as well! This icon could be shown with the user-info (option to turn it off in template params).
(BTW, i have a similar plan-image feature in "Joomlapolis CBsubs". And it can also be shown in profile and other locations like Kunena sidebar.)