pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
11 Feb 2014 16:42

Hello, Cobalt is suitable for building Eventlists and has also a Calendar template. The best part is the total freedom in creating content types and using unlimited extra fields.

But it lacks a feature, that is found in specialized extensions like jCal Pro, jEvents, Ohana, RSevents etc. :

I have to admit, that i've not seen all of their options and how they implement it. I am sure they are different in features and technique. So, a possible Cobalt solution might differ in features and usage.

Recently SOBI PRO got a new Calendar field, which reminded me on Cobalt Date & Time and Calendar template.

Idea / Wishlist

Date & Time field that allows...
- Recurring Events
- recurring dates like daily, weekly, monthly and yearly
- recurring timeframe and/or certain week days
- max amount / repeat limit
- etc.

Not sure about the background and inner workings:

Maybe this is possible with multiple dates/times in Cobalt's existing field? Is it possible with one field and modification. Does it need a companion or new field? Does it have to create multiple articles (childs) of a parent event article? etc.

Related links

Last Modified: 23 Jan 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
12 Feb 2014 00:36

This is idea for whole new field called event.

12 Feb 2014 03:16

This is going to explore all possibility of what can you do with Cobalt. I would love to see this in upcoming releases. BTW do you know when are you planning to release cobalt 9?. Joomla 3.2 stable is already released.

Sergey
13 Feb 2014 02:25

Joomla 3.2 stable is already released.

I would not call it stable at all. It still have a lot of issues.

Sergey
17 Feb 2014 00:03

Thus you have created C8 exclusively for it

that was not the reason because I was passionate. I did it because i could not create better version with compatibility support and long tail of code that sits there for other Joomla version. I decided to cut there to save time and make code more manageable and lighter.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
23 Jan 2015 15:38

Sergey This is idea for whole new field called event.

Possible or too complex? Maybe to specific and beyond the scope of a multi-purpose "CCK".