pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
06 Nov 2013 12:14

Just noticed the AcyMailing Newsletter related parameters in Email-field. How does it work? How to use it? I guess, one or multiple newsletters must be selected, but where and how...

I see no hint on the form, neither on frontend display.

Last Modified: 08 Dec 2014

Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
06 Nov 2013 21:53

Do you use AcyMailing? Is it good?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
07 Nov 2013 07:11

it works simple. When user add article as public and enter email, this email may be used to add this email to subscriber list. You can force email addition or allow user chose.

stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
07 Nov 2013 08:39

Do you use AcyMailing? Is it good?

Yes. Very nice. They have a free version which you can test.

Related topics:

Acymailing integration available

Cobalt to Acymailing

pepperstreet VIP
30 Nov 2013 01:20

this email may be used to add this email to subscriber list. You can force email addition or allow user chose.

But which subscriber list? How to choose one or multiple? Still do not see any options in frontend.

techutopia
Total posts: 202
27 Aug 2014 11:44

Hi pepperstreet,

Did you manage to find out where this setting was? I'm looking for it too. :-)

Thanks,

Dale.

pepperstreet VIP
27 Aug 2014 15:59

techutopia Did you manage to find out where this setting was? I'm looking for it too. :-)

Nope. Really strange. But good to know I am not the only one on this planet ;)

techutopia
27 Aug 2014 16:19

:-)

Looks like a really great feature too!

Warm regards,

Dale.

pepperstreet VIP
27 Aug 2014 16:40

Just maade another test. I really don't get it. How to use this feature?! Those 2 parameters don't make any sense to me. What is the workflow and usage? There is no way to choose the newsletter group. Acymailing has multiple groups. How should Cobalt know about it?

I don't see any options, nor the message in frontend. What should be displayed for the article visitor, and what should be displayed for the article owner?!

pepperstreet VIP
27 Aug 2014 16:51

o.k. partly success for the article visiter. In other words: the email sender
I can see the checkbox and message label in the mail form (modal window).

Bildschirmfoto 2014-08-27 um 18.36.19

Issue & question

But I still can't set a certain Newsletter list. As mentioned before, AcyMailing has different lists!? The J! core integration allows to configure and select a certain newsletter list. I think, this is missing in Cobalt:

Example from AcyMailing configuration - Select and set newsletter-list:
acymailing_joomla_integration_config_newsletter_selection

Additional use case & workflow?

I thought, that the integration can be used for article author as well. Apparently not.
Example: The article is a profile or any other directory entry. I want the author to subscribe to one of MY SITE newsletters during submission. Or on editing his profile. Actually, this was MY first thought about this integration.

Why should a visiter subscribe to a newsletter on another users article? Most likely, the article author has nothing to do with MY site and MY news. The author has no newsletter, but the site owner has.

techutopia
27 Aug 2014 23:25

Hi,

I had assumed that the way it may work is that when a user sends an email to an article author that the subscription chosen is for the article.

This would then enable the article author to send emails to people who are actually interested in the article and not the whole website - why would users actually want to subscribe to a whole site when they are only interesed in certain things?

Thanks,

Dale.

pepperstreet VIP
28 Aug 2014 00:25

techutopia This would then enable the article author to send emails to people who are actually interested in the article and not the whole website

Agree, but where is the "connection" between article author and a specific newsletter?!
(I guess, the AcyMailing version makes no difference here)

However it is supposed to be... there must be an option to set a default newsletter, or even a frontend selection for the subscriber. Maybe it makes use of the AcyMailing parameter for J! core registration?

pepperstreet VIP
04 Oct 2014 12:26

pepperstreet However it is supposed to be... there must be an option to set a default newsletter, or even a frontend selection for the subscriber. Maybe it makes use of the AcyMailing parameter for J! core registration?

Still no clue! :S

Does anyone use this integration and can share his experience?

pepperstreet VIP
02 Dec 2014 19:16

pepperstreet However it is supposed to be... there must be an option to set a default newsletter, or even a frontend selection for the subscriber. Maybe it makes use of the AcyMailing parameter for J! core registration?

Still no clue.

To which AcyMailing Newsletter-list is the user subscribed to?
AcyMailing can have many newsletters/lists. So, how to select a specific newsletter?

Sergey
04 Dec 2014 04:34

Jérémy - Acyba team I made a new plugin to filter the AcyMailing users based on their Emerald subscription plans, could you test it and tell me if needs some modifications?

And this is in progress. Integration very soon.

pepperstreet VIP
06 Dec 2014 15:50

Sergey

Jérémy - Acyba team I made a new plugin to filter the AcyMailing users based on their Emerald subscription plans, could you test it and tell me if needs some modifications?

And this is in progress. Integration very soon.

Cool.

But I still don't understand the current Cobalt email field parameters. To which newsletter/list is the user subscribed to?

Sergey
08 Dec 2014 07:05

pepperstreet But I still don't understand the current Cobalt email field parameters. To which newsletter/list is the user subscribed to?

When we did integration there were no lists. Just one global list. We have to update it now I think.