pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
15 Oct 2013 18:16

Hello, just tried the "Submit Button" module on forum pack and also on my own multi-type demo section. It seems there is an issue with the button label(s). They are always the same. It does always use the backend label parameter. BTW, what is the purpose of this parameter? Is it a sort of an override for 1 type sections?

I guess, the buttons should get the proper label for each type. At least this is shown in your screenshot in the download area:

The submission links are correct. Just the label is "generic". Here is my own test and screenshot with forum pack:

I think it should follow the same logic and technique like in the usual section-menu. Make use of a dynamic language text string: "Submit %s here", where %s is the type name.

Additional idea for better UX:

If a submission requires to be logged-in, it might be useful to show a different button style i.e. red color / btn-danger.

At least a tooltip like in section-menu "Register or Login to submit %s".

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
16 Oct 2013 02:57

I think it should follow the same logic and technique like in the usual section-menu. Make use of a dynamic language text string: "Submit %s here", where %s is the type name.

"Submit %s here" is not utable on every page. because module may be even not on Cobalt page. And here loses its context.

Sergey
17 Oct 2013 01:58

Change labels to

Add New %s

pepperstreet VIP
17 Oct 2013 09:28

o.k. replaced label parameter value. Seems to work on every page... even outside of section context. :D Maybe "Add New %s" should be the default value in future releases.

Tested on empty homepage with two Modules: Cobalt categories, Submit buttons. Test section was "Forum Pack"

pepperstreet VIP
17 Oct 2013 09:30

If a submission requires to be logged-in, it might be useful to show a different button style i.e. red color / btn-danger.

At least a tooltip like in section-menu "Register or Login to submit %s".

Colorstyle and Tooltip = Cherry on the cake ;)

Sergey
21 Oct 2013 01:00

Maybe "Add New %s" should be the default value in future releases.

Yes I already did :)

pepperstreet VIP
24 Nov 2013 21:58

If a submission requires to be logged-in, it might be useful to show a different button style i.e. red color / btn-danger. At least a tooltip like in section-menu "Register or Login to submit %s".

Button label works now. :)

Suggestions:

Change visual apperance of button, if login is required e.g.:

• Disabled state (bootstrap docs says: does not render well in IE9, but who cares... ;-) )
  • different bootstrap button color
  • additional icon (lock)

At least for all variants, a tooltip like in section-menu bar: "Register or Login to submit %s".