pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
26 Sep 2013 17:45

Hello, some suggestions for the notifications history.

Current C8 appearance - filters expanded:

SUGGESTIONS:

1.) The two actions "mark all as read" and "clear history" should have a confirmation dialog / alert. Currently it is to easy for an average user to "destroy" the list. Since there is no option to revert/undo, a second confirmation would be nice.

2.) A date-range selection for clear or even mark as read would be useful, too. Interactive Calendar input? Or maybe simple pre-defined ranges in a select box i.e. today / yesterday / last week / last month / last quarter / last 6month / last year / all

EXAMPLES:

Bootstrap Dropdown - Always force selection, followed by alert/modal confirmation

Split button dropdowns - Click left area fires default (ALL), right area dropdown for more options or appended button for Calendar/Date-Range input.

Thanks for listening.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

pepperstreet VIP
26 Sep 2013 18:55

(forget about the attachment. This seems to be an AngelDesk bug after delete operation. I have updated 1 image, deleted the old one, but it is listed as an attachment under the topic?!)

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
27 Sep 2013 06:58

In Cobalt 8 notification center is totally different. Allow you delete notifications by user, topic, type, ...

pepperstreet VIP
27 Sep 2013 08:19

Allow you delete notifications by user, topic, type, ...

Updated first screenshot for Cobalt 8 ;-)

But my suggestions still apply to the current actions and appearance. I guess, the two buttons still mark and clear the WHOLE list. Not the filtered results only, right?

BTW, the filter icons are really small and I never noticed that they are filtering the log list... and the text/username links to the actual section or user. IMHO, the important context is the notification log. And clicking/filtering should keep me on this view.

Sergey
30 Sep 2013 02:14

If you click clean notification you will see special filters for cleaning.

pepperstreet VIP
30 Sep 2013 05:33

If you click clean notification you will see special filters for cleaning.

? Really ? How does it look like?

I did not dare to click one of the buttons! Because BOTH buttons look like in Cobalt7 AND do not tell me that there are further options. They must be re-styled, or need a help tooltip, or change the functionality as i mentioned above.

The current appearance is not fool-proof. IMHO.

Sergey
01 Oct 2013 04:53

The current appearance is not fool-proof.

i agree it might be improved.