pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
20 Sep 2013 18:02

Stupid questions for testing with Paypal Sandbox ;-)

1.) Does it work like a real purchase?

I tested Pay-To-Access with my two sandbox test accounts. Re-Direct and payment seems to work fine, though it does not have an effect on the Cobalt page. I mean, access is still restricted and Buy-Now button is still visible. Is this the normal behavior after returning from sandbox?!

2.) Does it work on local server environment with internet connection? Any difference to a remote server/hoster?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
22 Sep 2013 09:15

Sandbox purchases never worked live for me.

2.) Does it work on local server environment with internet connection? Any difference to a remote server/hoster?

It is absolutely does not work with local hosts. PayPal sends IPN request to srver. And if it is http://localhost or anything like that it fails.

Sergey
23 Sep 2013 00:23

I guess, i can just add manual sales in frontend to test it, right?

The result depends on many factors.

If user was trying to access any page and was redirected and purchased, he will be redirected to that page. If he just opened JOIN link and purchased he will be redirected to special URLin plan parameters. If there is no parameter to purchase history.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
23 Sep 2013 08:00

If user was trying to access any page and was redirected and purchased, he will be redirected to that page.

Buy/Purchase on list view is re-directed to ...: - list view where I hit the button? - or always to article full view?

Sergey
24 Sep 2013 02:28

I think article view. it depends. For example you are on the list view where you can see articles. And only full view protected. You licked article title and redirected to plan purchase page. After success purchase you are redirected to article full view. That exact articles you were trying to acces.